What's your worst fear when it comes to travelling?

Discussion in Travel started by dieselfit • Jan 14, 2014.

1. brian101

brian101New Member

Threads:
    The closest thing to a worst fear in regards to travelling is losing money and passport because without those two then you are pretty much shafted, apart from that anything else is just worrying for no reason really as a lot of these things are unlikely to happen unless your ill-prepared. Its better to think of the best thing that could happen when it comes to travelling. ;)

2. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have alway been a nervous flyer. I become a nervous wreck before taking any flight. I always try to take my mind off it before getting onto the flight by listening to music, etc. So, this is my main fear which I encounter when I travel.

3. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what my worst fear is but I can talk about something pretty.... annoying that happened to me a couple of years ago. So I was in Glasgow, Scotland (I live in the U.S.) and went to pull some money out of my bank account. I than discovered that it had been completely drained, everything gone. This left me with just a couple hundred Pounds I had on me and the three days I had already payed for at my hotel. This did not worry me to much as my bank had a division in the city that I could just walk to. The problem was that after getting there I discovered that even though I had told my bank that I would be out of the country they had locked me out of my own account and now claimed that I would not be able to regain access until I was back in the States. All of this was still manageable but than I got sick. As in extremely sick. I could not even get up for two days. It got frightening to the point that I had to get in contact with the Embassy in order to start setting up backup plans in case what ever I had proved to be dangerous. After a couple of days I got a well enough to start my way back home so I could sort out my money issue. After a week or so I got home just in time for Thanksgiving.

So that is still kind of my worst fear. To be in another country where I know no one with absolutely no money and in some way physically debilitated. I am sure much worse could happen though.

4. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Probably one of my worst fears when I travel to a country is not being able to take everything in. Sometimes when I go somewhere, I tend to take things for granted, then once I'm back home I think to myself that I should've gone out more in that country. I'm afraid of not being able to experience that certain country in it's entirety.

I want to be able to travel and to take everything in, experiencing the culture, visiting the popular landmarks, buying the country's specialties, and spending my time wisely in that country.

5. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    My worst fear when it comes o traveling is getting lost. Especially when traveling out of the country. Most countries do not have a monitored society as we do here in America, and even our system fails sometimes. If you get lost in a foreign country there is no telling what can happen to you. You could realistically be kidnapped, and never seen again. You could be held captive in plain site because if you do not have your passport you will no way of identifying yourself. That is truly scary.

6. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    i don't have such a fear i love to travel to new places and to talk with new people of different culture. I feel really good when have a simple conversations with them!!!:)

7. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Well, whenever I travel I usually go via a cruise ship. So my worst fear has got to be missing the departure of my cruise from one of the little islands that it arrives at. They usually don't stay that long (4-6 hours) and if they leave without you, you have to ride on a little boat and pay a charge to catch up to the actual cruise ship. When I was in Jamaica I had a mini-panic attack because I really thought that I was going to miss the opportunity to get back on to the ship. The bus that dropped us off at the beach was supposed to give us a ride back once the ship was ready to leave. However, it never came back to pick us up and we had to use a conventional cab that rushed us to the boat about 15 minutes before it was scheduled to take off. Man, Jamaica was a crazy place.

8. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    My biggest fear is getting lost in a foreign country and not know the language of the natives! I cant imagine what that would be like, not knowing where to go, who to ask for help, not having food to eat and getting sick in the streets! That would be awful and I would just die if it happened to me!

9. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I guess mine would be losing contact with my better half on a trip without any means of communication to meet up again. It hasn't happened yet but one of these days... but we'll each find the nearest net cafe and exchange emails. It wouldn't be that difficult.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My worst fear when it comes to travelling is getting lost with no one available to assist me with the directions, and also getting into trouble and losing my money. When you have no money when you're abroad or out of town, then I don't think you can even survive for the next hour because you can't even pay for your fare to get out of that place.

11. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    First, I would hate to be on a plane. I would get nervous and freak out. It feels claustrophobic. Being places that are unfamiliar are scary too. I would be afraid of drinking the water and eating certain food. If I ever traveled somewhere I need a trustworthy local to accompany me the whole time. Different cultures obviously have different social norms and behavior. Culture shock is one of my worries too.