What's Your Worst Shopping Habit?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 22, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    hello fellow shoppers, just the other day in an online class about money management. the coach asked this question, "what is your worst shopping habit?".
    for a moment there i was startled but after a while i realised i indeed have bad shopping habits.
    I think my worst habit is buying items immediately without giving myself time to think the long term effects of that particular purchase.
    I have items I regret buying and some that I could have done way better in terms of budget and quality.
    what's your worst spending habit?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, like you, I'm also an impulsive buyer, so I tend to buy stuff that I don't even need. I also love to collect things, so that's not really going to help me save money. Sometimes I also give in to my eating binges even if I know what I buy isn't really healthy, like softdrinks and junk food.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think I may consider myself lucky in this regard because I don't have any kind of bad habit when it comes to "shopping" (unfortunately, I definitely can't say the same when it comes to "food"... this is my weakness because I like to spend a lot of money with foods :cool:).

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It’s not really me because I consider myself a smart shopper. My wife has that bad habit of jumping on a bargain. Late last year, there was this big teddy bear that was on a buy-on-take-one bargain in S&R (classy supermarket). I did not say a word when she got 2 of those big teddy bear. When we were in the car, that’s when I asked what the teddy bear was for. Obviously, she was thinking because it took time for her to answer – one for her niece and one for her. Yeah, until now that one big teddy is in our bedroom. With that lesson, I always act as devil’s advocate whenever my wife would buy something with no valid reason at all.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same habit like you. I usually look for some reviews about the product before buying and after careful analysis only I will buy that product. But sometimes I will just buy it because I would have wanted that product so badly and then I will keep regretting for wasting money.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a reluctant buyer. So, I never do a comparative study while buying something. If the product is not expensive then it's fine, but in case of high-cost products this habit has proved to be dearer. In several occasions, I'd to shell out more.
    My disinclination towards shopping has made me an instant buyer, and this is what I could guess is a bad habit while shopping.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, one of my bad habits is seeing a great deal, like a broom for 1.99 and it's such a good price that I just bought it! Not being able to resist this sort of deal while shopping is sometimes not so good. I don't need a broom yet, but I know that one day I'll need a broom, so I bought it!

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My worst bad habit at the moment is buying coffee from the mocha stand near my house. It takes a lot of effort for me to tell myself no and make coffee at home. I hate having to wait for my coffee to brew and it takes half a pot to get me going. I recently found a really strong blend of coffee at the grocery store and make it strong at home now. I am limiting myself to one mocha a week. Saving myself some money so far.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I would not say i have a shopping habit but one thing i have noticed and which bothers from time to time is i that i will usually purchase items i have no need for just because i could afford them which is a waste of money and bad financial decision.

10. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    We have the same problem. :( Sometimes, I get tired of looking around more. I buy the first thing I see without looking for other options. Later on, that item won't be worth my money.