Whats's the best lip butter?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Asuna • Nov 13, 2012.

1. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    A while ago I bought really nice lip butter from Yes To Carrots cosmetics series. It's made from natural ingredients. The effects are quite satisfying: very soft and moistuirized lips. Do you know any other good lip butters?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    What's a lip butter? Do you mean a lip balm? I like Burts Bees the best. The wax is really good for dry lips, even crazy, peeling dry lips. Especially the pomegranite flavoured one. Mostly because it's good for your lips and there is a tad of colour to the balm.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Burts Bees Pomegranate in my opinion is purely magical. You instantly feel it working and it tastes great. Its also a pretty good shelf life. Usually other lip balms melt in my purse due to florida heat but this one is apparently very resistant to melting - its survived the beach!

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I still use chapstick, haha! It's easy to find at a convenience store if I run out, and it's cheap. I probably should step up my game, though, and go for something a little more natural and organic, huh?

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy C.L. Bigelow lip balm because I liked the smell and taste of it, and supposedly it was made from all natural ingredients - rather than petroleum based products that many others are made of. I get chapped lips pretty bad in the winter months and I'm putting this stuff on like crazy. Over the years though I've noticed that I was still getting chapped lips no matter how much of it I used. I ended up getting some Blistex Cold & Allergy lip balm one day because I was in a hurry and couldn't make it to the mall. I will say this stuff works way better than the C.L. Bigelow lip balm, and it's a fraction of the cost too.

6. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balm. It has a bit of a mint and it really prevent my lips from getting chapped. It's a bit expensive but it does keep my lips in good condition.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    When I have severe chap lips I still find that Blistex works the best. I like to use this product because its in a liquid form that I find works better to absorb into the lips. Also, the tube in which it comes in can be just as convenient to take with you as the wax versions of a lip balm. I have also been known to use a product called Carmex, that has a richer consistency to it and come in a small container.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used lip butter or balm. It's a good idea because sometimes I don't really feel like wearing lipstick. My lips feel naked without anything on them. lol. I used to use Chapstick a long time ago. There are some great suggestions in this thread for me to check out.

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I use Palmer's cocoa butter lip balm. It smells great keeps my lips moist, especially during the cold. If i don't wear any lip balm my lips look so parched.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use lip balm myself but I would make sure I buy an all natural lip balm if I did. You shouldn't really have a problem with dry lips if you are well-nourished and hydrated. I used vaseline in the winter but I don't need that now and I'm glad I stopped using it because it's a by-product of petrol.

11. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm lazy when it comes toskin care I like multi-tasking products so I use Burt's bees lipbalm in Rhubarb. It keeps my lips from chapping and it tints it so I don't have to use a lipstick.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's not lazy, it's efficient. :) I would totally do something like that if I cared about coloring my lips.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Any cheap cocoa butter stick does the job for me. I used to have very, very dry and chapped lips during the time I had to take some medication (it was a side effect), and only cocoa butter made my lips go back to normal.

14. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I've used a few lip balms and butters and I'm currently using Burt's Bees lip balm in Pomegranate. It's not long lasting, but I still use it throughout the day. What works best for me is to put vaseline on in the morning before I go out and do touch ups with lip balm. I've found that vaseline works best for my lips and skin when it's dry.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    There is a new lip butter from nivea and I must say it works like a charm. I know it just hit the markets in the united states recently but many beauty gurus are already raving about them.
    I would recommend to try them out and I know the price is very reasonable because it is drugstore makeup. I hope I will be able to collect all of the flavors they come in!
    They look so great!

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Nivea, it's all marketing hype. Read the ingredients list on every Nivea product and you will see an extensive list of chemicals and artificial ingredients. These chemicals are not needed and they should be avoided.

17. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the coconut lip butter from The Body Shop. I would just advise waiting for a good sale and shopping through ebates. I just use it at night though as it does go on a little white before it fully absorbs. But I think I might check out some of the Burt's Bee's products after reading these reviews.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, the best is the kind you make yourself. Once you do that, you'll see how lacking all these lip products are on the market. It's super easy, super cheap and much much nicer. Just google some recipes and try not to get addicted to it or the cajillion other things you can make yourself. All these companies are making so much money off of products that are beyond simple and cheap to make.. I won't contribute to that anymore. If not, I don't have a recommendation. I've used them all and nothing compares :)

19. sue321

sue321New Member

Threads:
    Anousta lipsalve is my first choice. My sisters all love it too. It consists of just 4 ingredients: almond oil, beeswax, cocoa butter and essential oil of either mandarin, lemon or tea tree.

20. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Well, as a man, I keep things real simple. I use vaseline...butter. I re-use a lip balm dispenser (yes, I wash it out from time to time) by carefully filling it with vaseline. I started doing this because I got tired of running out of lip balm. I also noticed that petroleum jelly (or some variety) was often one of the main ingredients. Works for me.

I live in the south so it may be easier to get away with just vaseline. If I lived in a colder climate, I would probably need something more. But, I would still choose to make something myself. Like someone mentioned, there are lots of instructions online, especially youtube.