When A Site You Trusted Changes Owners...

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Jessika • Feb 7, 2017.

1. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I was a user of Dabs.com for years, but now they've been taken over by the BT Shop I just don't want to go back. The new system makes you choose whether you are a business or consumer customer and then only shows the product range that they think you need to see. Creating two accounts to see all the tech options just seems daft, so I guess I am off to Amazon.

When an online store you trusted changes owners, do you continue to shop there? Does it depend on whether it continues to run as that store, or if it gets a rebrand?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    If I get all the facilities I'm used to, won't mind continuing.
    However, things take a turn whenever there's a change in ownership. New management always try to implement something new. As a result, things no longer remain the same. Given the fact that I'm not a brand loyalist, it won't take time to switch over.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I patronize a store or a mall not because of its owner, but I am doing it for their products and services that store tended to us as their customers. Practically owner of the store doesn't influence much of the commodities or the items which his store are selling. When regards to online or web store, I don't think its owner could influence it unless the terms and conditions are being changed in which their patronizers or regular customers are not conforming them.

4. CCarpenter

CCarpenterNew Member

Threads:
    I have to agree. As long as nothing changes there is nothing wrong... But no one seems to take over and just do the thing that is already working. It seems to make more sense. If you are buying a place because it is successful, then why do you have to put your own spin on it? No one ever just leaves well enough alone.

The OP's story sounds like a pretty big change. I don't know if I would be able to deal with that.

It would come down to whether or not I could get a similar service or product if I moved on.

For example, I love buying books. I used to work at a bookstore, and they gave me a crazy discount. And they let me keep it once I left and they changed ownership. The place is now the worst. The people that work there are horrible. The in-store selection is abysmal.

BUT! I can still order whatever I need. They get it for me. I get the discount. So I still go there. But believe me, I look for a similar deal whenever I can. And sometimes, I will just pay a little more not to deal with the new ownership issues at the old store.

So it does suck, but sometimes the deals or products are too good to just sever ties completely.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If I have trusted the online shopping site and it changed ownership on the long run, first I'd naturally want to think that the new owners should also maintain that integrity. I'd like operations to remain as it was with the previous owners but if the new management insist on a rebrand then it should be such that's acceptable by majority of the community if there is one.