When Contacting Your Tv/isp Provider For Deals

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Diane Lane • May 10, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many of us who hang out online a lot tend to live in a 24/7 world, and ISP providers usually answer questions and have customer service agents available around the clock and over the weekends. However, I learned recently that it's still best to call during regular business hours when contacting them to ask for deals. I was advised that the operators who work other than regular business hours are only authorized to offer a few packages/deals, and that those working during regular business hours (think Monday - Friday 9-5, and maybe a few hours around that) have access to an expanded variety of deals, often with lower prices and for longer durations.

I called my provider last Fall, during off hours, and was given a deal that lasted 3 months (I was told it was permanent), which lowered my bill around $30/month. When I noticed my bills were going up, I called (again, during off hours), and was told there were no available deals for me. When I complained about that, I was told I should call back during regular business hours, because the operators during that time frame have a greater selection of 'specials' to choose from, and that they would most likely have something available for me. I had assumed that if they were open, and taking calls, my needs would be met, but apparently that isn't the case, so I won't waste my time calling during the off hours again.