When do you buy new clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by 003 • Jun 6, 2014.

1. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I buy clothes when I need them or when I'm boycotting fixing the clothes I have. I rarely buy clothes just to splurge. I won't buy unless there is a sale or a huge discount. When it comes to clothes, I definitely don't like to spend to much money.

2. sandra_ly

sandra_lyNew Member

Threads:
    I love following fashion and seeing what the latest trends are. But when it comes to actually buying clothing, I like to wait until the sales to restock my closet or until I've managed to save up for quality, slightly more expensive clothing that I know will last me a long time.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy cloths when ever I have money or when I am wearing old clothes for too long. I also buy when there is a sale or huge discounts being offered. When I uy, I always buy the types that is trendy. Having said that I don't buy something that will make me look like a clown.

4. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes for me when I need the old ones replaced, or it's a really good deal. Every now and then I will splurge on me but I have a lot more fun shopping for outfits for my kids.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes when I need one. I don't like to buy clothes just for fun. If I don't need anything I don't buy. Yes, and sometimes for special occasion - that is also if I don't have anything suitable to wear.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes when I need them. I may also buy something on an impulse if I find it eye catching. Although I like to buy stuff that I am really going to wear and not just to stuff the wardrobe.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy new clothes for Christmas season. It has been the tradition in the family. The advantage for me is that December is the season of sales and bargains. But I normally buy a pair only, that is pants and shirt. But in some occasions like elike wedding, I am forced to buy new clothes.

8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger and had cash to spare then I did used to just buy clothes for the sake of buying them, but them days are over. Not only have I grown out of that phase, I don't have the spare cash anyway, but I just see it as a waste of money anyway now and so I'll only buy when I really need to.

In fact I may have gone too far the other way and a lot of my comfy, favourite T-shirts have holes in and really could do with being replaced but I'm putting it off and just hoping that others will buy me some for Christmas so I don't have to spend my own money!

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy clothes when I need them too. I like a lot of clothing but I don't because I can't afford them. I have 3 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of socks and 3 shirts. That has lasted me for around 2 years now but maybe it's time for a wardrobe change because people are starting to pick on me for it. My comeback is always ''if it bothers you so much, gift me some clothes.''

10. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    One of three things needs to occur for me to buy new clothes:

1.) I have a crush on a guy and I'm convinced new clothing is the solution to get him to notice me.
    2.) There's an event that I probably don't want to go to, but I still need something fancy to wear.
    3.) Springtime. I always like to buy new clothes in the Spring, especially because most stores (even online stores) have a lot of their summer apparel out already...some with promotional sales. And sandals! LOVE sandals.

..And if you ask me, the worst time to buy clothing would be right about now. It's not really cold or warm, you're not really sure if you should be wearing boots yet, or leggings, or still shorts...and it's all just so confusing. Even the stores simply panic and start selling Christmas outfits already, even though it's a bit early.

11. will donati

will donatiNew Member

Threads:
    It is always good to pamper yourself at times and get the best look possible. As far as its not extravagant , it is said every month or say in two months we need to buy new clothes for ourselves. I do it veery two onths. Functions are annother occasions for me to buy, be it weddings, functions , B'days, anniversaries...the reasons are many. Above all if today you feel like to buy a dress, or you foud one really good apparel worth the price get it.

12. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    When there is a new event in my life. I'm not a casual shopper of clothes. So I don't have an unnecessary build up. However, every time I plan on going somewhere out of the ordinary or I am invited to a function or something, I usually purchase specific clothes for them

13. Stevens1986

Stevens1986New Member

Threads:
    I only buy clothes once every year, black Friday promotion. The rest of the time I save to pay off my student loan :(

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There are three instances that I am buying new clothes. The first one is when it is my special day, my birthday to be in particular. I need to have a new polo shirt and a pair of trousers for the party. The second one is our annual get together as we celebrated the national day for us a teacher all over the country. And the last one is every December - the Christmas Time. Since we are about to welcome the New Year, I should have a new clothes to wear.

15. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I shop for new clothes when I need them. When I have outgrown them or them have become frumpy, discolored, holey, etc. So maybe once or twice a year I'll get several items otherwise it's just replacing old with new if I think I need it every now and then.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well actually, now that you mention it, this time of year is probably the time when I get out there and buy the newer stuff. I still to save as much as I can so I am not going crazy or anything, but once it starts getting cold I really need more shirts and sweatpants and things like that.

17. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    I used to buy clothes every week online or every two weeks because my work requiered me to. Now, I try to have only the essentials (basics) and buy maybe once a month something cute to treat myself.
    As for getting rid of clothes, I have way too many clothes now but most I use them in photoshoots (I'm a stylist) and then try to sell them. For things that are no longer fashionable, I give them away.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I buy many of the new dresses last minth as i prefer to shop in the start of the weather now i had bought new dresses for winters and instead of it i buy new dress while i have to attend some of the festival, some feast or while i have to attend some of the very ver important meeting because i need to look fresh.

19. Muntic0re

Muntic0reNew Member

Threads:
    when I feel that i have been wearing all of it for many times

20. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes when I feel I have worn my old clothes enough. Some other times I want to be seen with varieties this prompt me to always look out to buy new clothes. If a particular cloth seems to be in vogue at a time that can also make me want to go for it.