When do you open your Christmas Gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by kevin786 • Oct 10, 2013.

1. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    Hello Everyone

When do you open your Christmas Gifts?
    1) When you get them
    2) Christmas eve
    3) Christmas day

Other

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Christmas day :)

3. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    My mom has a party on Christmas Eve and we exchange gifts between us and my siblings and nieces and nephews. We open few gifts then.
    Other than that, I open them on Christmas Day. Or when I get them, if it's after that.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

In my family we usually open one gift on Christmas eve during the evening than we open the rest of them on Christmas morning.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Funny enough it was tradition until a couple years ago to open them exactly at midnight of the christmas day, but nowadays we just do it on the middle of the christmas day, after having lunch. I think it's because we don't have children in the family now.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I open them on Christmas day, it has been the tradition on my family since ever! My parents would tell me and my brother we had to sleep early so that Santa could arrive while we were sleeping and leave our presents at our bed post! So when we woke up they weren't under the Christmas tree, but right by our beds!
    I guess even now we are grown and know Santa is not leaving us presents, mom will always give us our presents on Christmas day, never letting us get them on the Eve.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always open my Christmas gifts as soon as I receive them. That kind of tradition to wait until Christmas before opening your gifts is not practiced at all in our household.

8. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    Same Thing I do. I always open gifts when I revived. I can't wait till evening

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I always open them on Christmas day (unless of course I get them after). Our tradition isn't to open them right after we wake up; I grew up taking a shower before being allowed to open them. This is because when I'd get my gifts I'd spend the whole day with them and I would refuse to shower, hence why this new household rule came up.

10. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    I always open my gifts on Christmas day if it is presents from the family. And by family - I don't mean cousins, uncles, aunts, sisters and so on. We have a party the night before Christmas day where everyone gets together and opens presents. For so many years, I have gone to the family party. It has always been a tradition but now I just feel empty, especially this year. A lot of people have passed away in out family and is hard not seeing them at the party. What's worse is that last year my grandma didn't go to the party so I think she will do the same this year. I'm planning on visiting family members but not going to the party this year.

11. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    For the most part, me and my family open our gifts on Christmas day. The only times we don't is if we are visiting other family members that won't be around or home for Christmas. When that's the case, we just open it there, whenever that is because we like to see the other person get their gift.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    In my family we open one gift on Christmas Eve. After that gift is opened the others can't be opened until Christmas day. Whenever I was a kid my mom would always tell me no whenever I tried to do that. As I got older I stopped wanting to open gifts early on my own. So in turn I would usually wait till Christmas Day anyway.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually open them one by one slowly after new years. I like having little surprises after Christmas, because I find that season a little too depressing due to the sudden end of what is hyped almost all year round. Having little gifts to open every now and then cheers me right back up.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have carried on the tradition that we went through as a child, and that is that we open the presents Christmas Day morning. I remember as kids we could bee up at 4am bugging our mum to get up, she would get her own back by insisting on a cup of tea and slowly drink it while we sat around the tree, then she would ponder having a second cup!

15. coco85

coco85New Member

Threads:
    I'm usually very impatient so I open up my gifts as soon as I receive them. Sometimes when I receive gifts before Christmas Day, I can't really wait until Christmas to open them up, the suspense just gets to me. Of course, all the gifts that come in on Christmas day and after are opened on those days.

16. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Jesus?! We're talking about your birthday!

JK, we've always woken up early to open our presents. Every other day of the year im lazy and hardly want to get out of bed. Magically on christmas morning im up with no problems. This is since i was a kid, Now I'm 30 and live with my fiancé and still do the same thing.

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my Christmas gifts a few weeks before the Christmas Day. I would open them as soon as I get home. I can't wait for that because I would like to find out what's inside!!

18. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    The day after my birthday. So, that would be Christmas Day.

19. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    On a Christmas Day

20. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I almost forgot that we also have a tradition where we open a small gift on Christmas Eve night, we always go for the big presents, but our spoilsport mum would stop us and make us open a small one. Booooo!