When Do You Seek Professional Help For A Dye Job?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Sep 18, 2015.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    At this very moment, I am dying my hair. In about 11 minutes, the color will set. The cost for my product and protective gel - $2. (Yes!) These days, unless I am getting highlights or trying to correct a mess, I NEVER pay a stylist to dye my hair. What most of them charge seem ridiculous for a basic brown that will need a redo in 30 days.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having my hair dyed in the parlor would cost me 400 pesos, that's $10 for the labor alone. I have to bring my own dye although the service comes with scalp massage. What I did was to teach our housemaids how to apply the dye. Last weekend, I dyed my hair and the cost is practically zero because I don't have to pay our housemaid for that extra work. And since it is easy so there's no need for a professional to do that.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, the price they charge at the salon for a dye job is just ridiculous! However, I still prefer to have mine done professionally. The one time I did bite the bullet and did myself was very disastrous. There are some things I'm happy to wing, but dyeing my own hair isn't one of them.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even when I could afford it, the cost was too high. I know some who get it done though, and as long as they're happy, and can afford it, that's great. My hair stylist I had the longest told me I did a great job, and pointed out one spot that I would consistently miss. It wasn't visible from above, but was underneath, and so I learned to saturate that spot extra well. One of my best friends and I would have dye parties, where we'd have a girls night and dye each other's hair, watch movies, eat ice cream and make chai, and relax. It was great fun, but we don't live near one another now, so I just do my own.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I am planning to get highlights and I will definitely go to a professional for that. I have tried home highlight kits before, and I just ended up looking blonde. I think that for a really good result with high lighting it is best to go to a pro unless you have a friend that could do it for you.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't dyed my hair yet, but since my white hairs are multiplying, it's just a matter of time before I dye my hair. Over here a box of cheap dye cost around $7 to $8, so that is the most that I would pay for a dye job, and salons won't be an option unless I want my hair relaxed or something.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should seek for professional help when he comes to your here whenever you want to have a drastic change in the caller or if it's too damaged or a regular color. For me for example, I die my hair only two shades lighter so I don't see why I would pay for professional to do that for me. However, when I had red hair I definitely went every month.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can actually dye my own hair, but of course the results will not be that stellar. The last time I did the color barely changed. My hair has grown so long over the years - and it's super curly to boot - so I honestly can't dye it all by myself now. I deem it best to leave it to the pros. Not only can they see the back of my head, but they'll also know how to dye my hair properly and make sure the color really sticks.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Having such dark hair, I think it’d be more or less mandatory for me to have my hair professionally colored. The processing required to lighten hair like mine is far too risky at home. Which is why I’ve never bothered coloring my hair at all. While a professional dye job would yield superior results, the upkeep would be far too expensive.