When do You Start Your Christmas Present Shopping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by deansaliba • Dec 6, 2012.

1. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    When do you start buying Christmas presents? i am the kind of person who waits until the last week as I hate shopping but my mum buys her presents in the January sales. So January 2013 she will buy Christmas presents for Christmas 2013.

Is she alone? Am I alone?

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't start right away in January, but I do start early. I'd say more like September-ish. I do like to hit the sales and see what kind of deals I can get. I'm always looking for something special or different.
    My husband waits until the last minute. All the time.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like it might be a man thing. I always say I won't leave it late this year but I normally do, this year I have only just now started to buy presents so I'm earlier than normal. :)

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Neither of you are alone.

I will occasionally buy things throughout the year when I run across something that would make a great gift. It's unlikely to be a full year in advance, but I make get something for someone's birthday when the January sales hit, for example. For Christmas specifically, though? Oy. I just started doing some of mine today....and I was buying them online, so that means they may not arrive until after Christmas. Oops.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I actually start buying Christmas presents around 20th of December. This is just about time for our school break and this the only chance for me to actually do other stuffs than studying and working.

6. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    When? I start usually at this time or sometimes even a little later or earlier. It's best to get at those sales while you can! And where? I usually go to the mall around my area or I shop online.

7. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I usually start my shopping in November and make sure that I save money through Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. It also makes sense to buy some gifts right after Christmas since most retailers offer big discounts during that time but then you can't buy everything one year in advance. In my opinion, it is best to buy perishable goods or things that go out of fashion quickly just before Christmas and rest everything during off-season.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Kudos to your mom! Although I don't start that early I usually begin buying for my family in August. I have 2 sisters and two brothers, all of them are married. My dad also comes from a big family so cousins, aunts and uncles bloat my Christmas list. Every payday I will usually buy presents for one or two people so when Christmas arrives I won't be broke :)

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am already starting on my Christmas shopping I always start between august and sept so it gives me time to get all I need I can take my time and not rush and I don't have to waste a large amount of money all at once

10. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I wait up for the last moment until i get the hints of what everyone wants..and just the day before i get all the things..

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like every year I say I am going to start early and then it always ends up that I am shopping on Dec. 24th.
    Again, I am going to try to start earlier this year so we'll see how it goes. I am hoping to get the majority of it done by Dec. 1 and limit the last minute stuff to be only stocking stuffers. I am also going to try being a little more crafty this year and actually make some of the presents. I guess I better get started soon!

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do a little here and there all year long. I know if I don't pick something up I think someone will like, I'll forget about it. I hate missing out on good ideas because Christmas is far away.. I've done it often.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Normally, I do my Christmas shopping online starting on Cyber Monday. There were times when I used to wait until the last minute, but I've gotten better in recent years.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people who can shop for presents throughout the whole year. Or example if I see something on sale and perfect in June I will most likely buy it and then I will gift it when December rolls around. Therefore I'm never one of those last minute shoppers who stress out about gifts because I pretty much will buy them any time during the year.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it is coming towards the end of August and I am already thinking about Christmas present ideas. Thinking of Christmas present ideas for my parents is never easy because they don't have many interests. I am keeping an eye out for good deals and I will buy now if I find the right present. At the moment I'm looking at watches for my dad and Pandora charms for my mum.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Damn, January, ain't that a little too soon?
    For me i got to do it on the end of November or beginning of December, no reason to worry about get it sooner than that.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    While I don't generally start THAT early...I will start by spring...it's so much easier on finances to spread it out throughout the year and still be able to get a good amount for people. Plus, you can find some killer deals at other times, as well.

18. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually have a specific time when I start my Christmas Shopping because I am on the look out for Christmas gifts all year round. If I see something that is on sale and I know that it would make a good gift for someone, then I will purchase it. You can save a bundle by doing this and even shopping in January like your mother will save a lot as well.

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my shopping fund. I usually start my Christmas shopping right after Thanksgiving because there are a lot of things on sale. I sometimes don't start my Christmas shopping until the week before Christmas, which is not as busy at the store.

20. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    It usually depends on the type of items I'm looking for, when I start to purchase Christmas presents. I buy a lot of electronics for family and friends, so if I don't anticipate a new model or version of a gift coming out, I'll buy when I find it on sale or if I find it at a good price. If a newer version is coming out, I'll wait til later and do all my shopping at that later date (pre-Christmas release date, which is usually after Thanksgiving). There's never a set time, especially since a lot depends on my finances at the time.