When Do You Wear It?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Rosyrain • Mar 11, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    For the ladies out there, how often do you wear makeup? I am a busy mom and do not have time to put on makeup like I used to. I have been trying to make it a point to wear makeup more and polish my nails, but I am usually struggling for time and my beauty regimen suffers as a result. How about you all?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have never really been a daily makeup wearer but I have pretty much stopped altogether since having children. It just seems like there are other more important things that need my attention. Sometimes, I just do not want to take the time to do it. I do not paint my fingernails, but my daughter does like to paint my toenails.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because I work and I'm always out and about, I have to look presentable; so I wear makeup to work from Monday to Friday. Over the weekend, if I don't leave the house I let my skin breathe. However, if we end up leaving the house, I do wear a little makeup. At the weekend I don't use as much though. I may scale it back and use just a bit of concealer and a little powder to set it, whereas during the week,I also use foundation for a more polished look. I don't use blusher or eyeshadow, though. What I do need to pay more attention to are my nails LOL

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was new in the office, I used to wear full makeup because I thought it was necessary. But when our HR said that it is only the dress code that matters, I stop wearing makeup. In fact, I haven't bought makeup for such a long time already. That saves me time especially that I leave very early for work and also saves me money, of course. Some of my female colleagues are also not wearing makeup anymore except when there is a formal meeting.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    When I worked in an office, I did full makeup which included concealer to hide skin flaws. Working at home or the library, maybe some gloss or colored lip balm but nothing fancy. When I went to school to get my last few credits for transfer, I did the full makeup, nails and hair. Once, I narrowly missed a shootout trying to buy the right kind of hair:oops:

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like may of us have gone without make up because we are all too busy or work at home and it does not matter. I work in an office and still do not wear makeup all that often because I just do not have the time to put it on. I do dress in nice clothes to go to work though.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I had flawless skin, I'd definitely wear far less makeup; probably scale it back to just a little powder to soak up my oily patches and even out my skin tone. I agree it takes up too much time getting ready in the morning. It's especially annoying when I have a very early start, which is quite common in my line of work. Sometimes I'm not even awake enough to be bothered, but I still 'put my face on' to look decent LOL

8. JaeRustia

JaeRustiaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not a mom, not even married yet, so I wear make-up on a daily basis since I have a work who's in a business/formal type of environment.

- for mom's, I guess you guys are really busy. My mom would only wear light make-up if she needs to go out of the house to run some errands like grocery shopping, paying the bills or hanging out with friends, for special occasions of course she would dress up something that would fit the occasion.
    - polishing nails, like painting it or just the regular trim? Me and my mom visit's a nail salon twice a month to have pedicure although were not a fan of manicure, I just leave my finger nails trimmed and cleaned, although sometimes (very rarely) I do like to have some cute patterns painted on my fingers.

Question:
    How do you want to wear make-up, like daily? If you are just staying at home doing house chores like laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids wouldn't it be itchy to wear a make-up? Why not, after all the chores are done, or before your husband returns home from work take a good bath and prepare your tools of trade instead of wearing a make-up the whole day?

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My makeup consists of just clear eye mascara and lipstick. I put clear nail polish on my fingers and a crimson color nail polish on my toes to show off a bit when I wear flip flops as we could these past few days with the sunnier weather we've been having. I don't and never did wear too much makeup, for I like to look natural.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really only wear make up on special occassions or if I am going to a meeting or something. It just isn't part of my day to day experience. I think if I had someone special in my life, I would be wearing it more, but I am just around the house 90 percent of a time, and I don't think it is really necessary for a quick jaunt to the store. Make up is just another expense.

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was working in an office or seeing clients out in the field, I would wear makeup. The makeup I wore was basic, though, which seems like nothing compared to what I see many wearing these days. My nieces often look as if they're going on a photo shoot, complete with false eyelashes, which in my opinion is ridiculous for every day wear.

These days, I am at home most of the time, and usually the most I will do on a daily basis if I'm not going out, is to use a good facial moisturizer. I'm often doing chores around the house or in the yards, and I definitely don't need makeup for that. Since I live in Coastal Texas, it's often very hot, and makeup can be quite uncomfortable in the heat, and I wash my face multiple times a day, so wearing makeup would be a waste of time and money.

12. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I never used to be big on make-up but these days, since I have been working in a different job, it makes a big difference whether I wear it, or not. I now live in a country where make-up and "nail art" are an integral part of the culture. And as bad as this sounds, I make more money if I am all done-up, mind you, not "over-done". People here regard it as a sign of respect towards others to bring out one's best features and have an "appealing" appearance.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I work at home so there is no need to wear make-up for me at this point. I only used to wear it during special occasions. But when I go working in the real world, I should at least wear powder and lipstick to look presentable.

14. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    I travel a lot, I'm always on the move. While yes, I am young and try to present myself well, I do realize that there are more important things in life than that perfect wing on your eyeliner.

With that being said - I usually stick to a 5 minute regimen of a tinted moisturizer, white/nude eyeshadow, a nice mascara, AND IF I AM FEELING FANCY a bright red lipstick. Sometimes just throwing on a little lipstick distracts from "bad skin days"- I even think it helps with my bad hair days.

But five minutes, that's all that I usually have. Ten if I'm feeling selfish. ;)

15. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    I struggle with being insecure so there is not one time of the day where I'm not wearing makeup. I don't wear heavy eye makeup or anything like that. But I am always wearing concealer, cover-up, powder, etc. It looks really natural and doesn't make me break out so I'm always wearing it. Right when I get out of the shower the first thing I do is my makeup.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear it everyday, unless I'm just staying home or just going out to run errands.
    I love wearing makeup, it makes me feel safe, confident and pretty. I feel naked without makeup!

17. Jani

JaniNew Member

Threads:
    Having the same problem since I have a 10 week old baby here at home. There is just no time to dolly up or even put on eyeliner.

I've considered getting permanent eyeliner so that I would jut feel like I've got something on and to look a little better.

I make a point of putting on makeup when we go out on weekends when daddy is home to look after my little one for a moment or two. It's hard because putting on makeup let's me feel more beautiful and not looking so dull,but I get your point

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear full-on make-up on special occasions such as weddings, formal social events and conferences. These occasions are hard to come by so I haven't had a lot of opportunities to wear make-up really. The make-up kit I bought three years ago is still intact because I barely touched it and it may have expired already. Even during special occasion, I prefer to wear my make-up au naturel. My everyday staples are face cream, eyeliner and lip/cheek tint. That's about that.

19. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely if ever wear makeup. The only thing I regularly do is paint my nails, but my face is a different story. For one, I never learned how to properly apply makeup and I'm not too familiar with all the cosmetics and stuff people use. If I have to go out and don't want to look completely unkempt, I just put on lipstick and curl my lashes. I tend to avoid going to special events because I feel like if I do wear makeup it will look as though I'm trying too hard. The last time I wore a full face of makeup was last year for a concert. I have a couple of friends who are practically make up gurus and they were kind enough to do my makeup for me.

20. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I only wear baby powder, lipstick, and eyeliner whenever I go out. There's really no need for me to wear too much make up because I easily sweat under the hot tropic sun. The only time I'm really comfortable wearing make up is when I need to be on a very important social function, which is almost never taking place. Anyway, I have oily skin that's why I don't like putting on make up. I tend to easily have breakouts and when I get them, they're usually huge, red and bumpy.