When Last Have You Bought A Hat?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sunnyside • Jul 10, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Do you wear hats often? If so, when last have you bought a hat?

I think hats were more popular in years gone by, worn especially by those who attended church. These days, hardly anyone wears a hat to church except it is a very special event where some people may want to add some flair to their apparel, and they would wear a hat to complement their outfit.

If you do wear hats, where do you wear them? As for me, I would usually wear a straw hat or a cap if I were going into the garden to do any work there. When I am attending an outdoor event like a bazaar or a fair, and it is at the time of day when the sun is almost directly overhead, I would take along a cap to protect my head. Other than on these two occasions, I do not usually wear hats. I think men, especially older men, as well as older women, wear hats more often than the younger folk do.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love hats but there aren't too many occasions for wearing them. The last time I bought one was way back 2014. It's not even a normal looking hat. It's one of those fancy-looking ones with a straw body and a blue ribbon wrapped around it. I have a few baseball caps, some I took out from my mom and dad's old wardrobe, and around 2 flat caps.

3. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I like hats, but it has been decades since I have bought one.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear hats daily for I ride the bus and it can get very hot in Hawaii, so a hat is a cool easily carried and stored part of life locally. When you ride the bus we either wear hats or carry umbrellas to shade us from the heat and Sun. When it gets cooler the hat keeps you warm too. The last time I bought a hat was about a year ago. Luckily we got a store called Marukai Wholesale Mart that had it on sale so I got mine at a real bargain too under $5 for a lovely hat.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have worn a hat ever since I was in grade school. Hats were in fashion that time, but it seems to have been out of fashion for a long time already, especially with the popularity of hoodies nowadays. If I want to shield my head from the heat then I will use an umbrella.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear hats a few years ago before I dropped the habit. I would not say that all hats are for older men because there are fedora hats which are stylish and are popular with youths. But most people prefer to wear caps and muffins rather than hats. It seems that they were in vogue in the yesteryears but they remain evergreen and they do make frequent comebacks and there are popular versions donned by womenfolk.

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    The last hat I bought was a couple of years ago. I keep up with a site called backcountry.com. It is a store. I don't buy things there very often, but once in a while. Every couple of years, they send me and end of year coupon for $20 off anything in the store. One year I bought a great pair of hiking socks with the discount. They were $17.00 and the store used the rest for shipping. I think my bill was something like 42 cents. This last time I chose a $25.00 straw hat. It's nice, it has a draw cord which I need because the riding mower goes pretty fast sometimes. This hat protects me from the suns rays around my face and shoulder, back of neck. It's an attractive hat too. And I only paid a few little dollars for it!

8. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Does a cap / beanie count as a hat? If so, I do buy it every fall / spring. Some people wear them in the summer as well but that's not me. I'm not a huge fan of that fashion. I like experimenting with different colors. It's awesome when a hat makes you stand out. I own some green, yellow, and light blue ones.

9. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    The last hat I bought was a couple of years ago. I keep up with a site called backcountry.com. It is a store. I don't buy things there very often, but once in a while. Every couple of years, they send me and end of year coupon for $20 off anything in the store. One year I bought a great pair of hiking socks with the discount. They were $17.00 and the store used the rest for shipping. I think my bill was something like 42 cents. This last time I chose a $25.00 straw hat. It's nice, it has a draw cord which I need because the riding mower goes pretty fast sometimes. This hat protects me from the suns rays around my face and shoulder, back of neck. It's an attractive hat too. And I only paid a few little dollars for it!

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no idea. I don't think I ever owned a hat to use data day. I only ever used one for my ballet dance recital, the beach, stuff like that. I probably own a Cap but that's pretty much it.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not often wear hats.For a long time I did not wear a hat during the winter but wearing a hat does keep you warmer in the winter. When the sun is really hot I do use an umbrella for shade when I am walking.

12. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I bought a hat was last September, but I'm going to buy 3 in a few days.

I love wearing cowboy hats. I don't really see people these days wearing hats as often as I used to. Not even during the summer when hats will keep your face cooler than without it.

I see many people in the gym wearing hats when they work out which is just stupid to me. That's actually the only times I see people wearing hats when it's not relevant at all. Why are you wearing a hat in the car? Why wear a hat in the movie theater? People do things backwards now, but it's fine. There is no right or wrong places to wear a hat.

13. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I really could care less whether or not people still wear hats because I love them and I'm always going to wear them. i have quite a few hats, but I think the last time I bought one was like two months ago. I remarkably favor fedora-style hats and think they look the best on me. Perhaps, it's just my Frank Sinatra fetish, but I love Fedoras!

14. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    I have extremely delicate porcelain skin. I burn in 15 minutes, and sunscreen only seems to last about an hour. After many painful sunburns I began wearing loose, light long sleeve shirts over tank tops, open like a jacket, and floppy hats to keep the sun off my face and nose. Usually I only wear them if I am going to be out in the sun for a long time, such as at an outdoor concert or event. It is better than getting sunburned. I have also found that keeping the sun off my face has kept me looking younger. My similar aged friends who perpetually lay out and tan look much older than I do.

15. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a winter hat last winter because it can get really cold here sometimes. It didn't cost much, maybe $2 or so. But it kept me warm throughout the winter. Before that the last time I bought a hat was several years ago and was probably for the same purpose as that one I bought. They've lasted a long time when I have bought them anyway. I don't tend to wear more formal hats. I prefer hats that serve a purpose like keeping you warm or keeping you cool, rather than just looking nice, personally.

16. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I have never bought myself a hat, not a huge fan of them on my face. I love them on other people though! With that said, my friend's mother did knit me a beanie for Christmas last year since I was always cold and I love it as long as my hair is styled certain ways.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be the hat queen when I was younger. That has lessened over the years, but I am currently going through a transitional period with my hair and so I need all the hats I can get. It has gotten to the point where I have to wear my hood to the shop because I don't have a hat that I feel comfortable wearing yet. I am still on the lookout. I have outgrown all the other hats I have.

18. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like sun hats. I'm more of a cap girl. The last time I bought on was for my son a year ago. For myself, last year also. I bought them from a holiday bazaar.

19. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmyMember

Threads:
    I had a few pieces of hat and their color are black, blue, red, violet, white and beige. This are the colors that will best compliment to the colors of the clothes that I had. But I had bought it all since last 3 years ago a long time already. I am always wearing a hat during the whole season of the year whether it is winter, spring, summer and fall. Since I am the kind of person who is very organized and really takes good care of all my personal belongings like clothes, shoes, bags and other accessories all of this last for so long that is why I will not buy a new one until it is still useful. And when it comes to spending I am not like other people who always buy even if they still have something in hand that can still be use.

20. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I'm nuts for hats. I own a wide variety of hats, from the top hat to a baseball cap, although since my collection is pretty grand and I take good care of my hats, I don't buy this apparel too often. But when I do, I always buy the fancy ones. My last acquisition is a brown ranger hat, with a red band around it. Pretty neat huh?