When shopping...Do you prefer cash, debit, or credit?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by BlacKnight1090 • Mar 11, 2014.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a credit card at all but I do use my debit card regularly. I just find it more convenient. I don't worry that I will lose track of the cash I have left as I check my account online each day.

2. galmal

galmalMember

Threads:
    I used to be a "cash only" girl, it was just too easy to spend money I didn't really have when using a credit card. I had gotten into the habit of only carrying around about $20, and when that was gone, I stopped spending. It took awhile, but I've finally switched over to a debit card. I like that it's so easy to use and I also like that I get a statement at the end of the month showing where every cent I spent went. That way I can keep a tab on where my money goes and make "corrections" if I start to veer off in the wrong direction.

3. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer using debit or cash. I don't mess around with credit cards. They can really fool you and have you in the lurch. With the debit, I know I am dealing with money in hand and I am less stressed out. I like cash, and feel blessed to have it, so I use it too. Would you mind sharing how you are making money online?

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I use tangible money first before ever attempting to use my debit or gift cards, but I have never used a credit card ever in my life and if I ever do so it will be for an profit investment. When I see people buy a bunch of doodads and frivolous products or services with credit cards, I cringe and shake my head because such people are setting themselves up for a financial trap if they can't pay back the debt in time. A few of my family members went into debt because they thought they could spend credit cards and pay them all back on time even though it amounted to double their yearly income.

I opinion to trade first if you can, then if your only option is to buy start with cash, available debit, gift cards, and whatever you can borrow from family and friends long before you ever swipe those credit cards!