When Shopping Online, Do You Use A Computer Or Mobile/tablet More?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Diane Lane • Aug 3, 2015.

1. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind whether I'll use a computer or a table for my online shopping as I'm able to complete my transaction. However, if I were to choose between a tablet or my computer, I'd go with the computer since it is easier to type and surf using a cable and mouse rather than click and drag on a tablet screen.

2. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    I always use my laptop computer. I just like it better because I can see things better on it than on my mobile. If I had a decent tablet I might would use that. My laptop can be used as both but I just use the laptop mostly.

3. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Computer / laptop. I wouldn't trust a tablet to securely transmit such sensitive information, nor would I trust a tablet to erase my information after I was done with a purchase. Tablets aren't the most secure things in the world.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I buy online from amazon.com, vitamin shops like Swanson Vitamins, and other vitamin shops, Walmart too. I use a library desk top or netbook and sometimes their laptops in the library. I find that it's all similar and safe to do. Everything goes smooth and my orders come to me through the mail in good condition. I'd expect where you order from makes no difference as long as it's convenient for you to use to make your order, it's all safe. :)

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like my desktop all the way. I find it's easier to fill in the forms on a desktop or laptop than on a tablet. I used to try and shop online using my tablet and when I would get to a certain section of checking out I would get stuck on my tablet and have to start all over again on my laptop. I will surf websites on a tablet but always make my purchases on my desktop.I just like using a keyboard to input information as well. I find it faster and error free.

6. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I am buying. If I am buying something customizable such as a photo gift online, then I find it easier to design the gift on my PC. For most other items, I shop online on my smartphone. I am not sure what the safest method is as far as securing your personal information. I would like to know more about that. If one method was safer I would stick with that method, in order to avoid identity theft.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rather use the computer. Only because of the bigger screen and i can have more than one tab open. I just don't like doing any type of shopping on a tablet or phone i rather do it on my computer to prevent making mistakes cause any time i have used a phone or tablet to shop i have found ways to mess up my own order. Lol

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not well versed with the tablet and I usually make a mistake when typing sentences. The desktop is still my choice when doing serious things online like shopping. Besides, I make a list of the items I need to buy and contemplate on that list before I surf the online stores. That way, I am not tempted to splurge because I am imposing a disciplined shopping manner on myself.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely use my computer more! I actually bought na iPad expecting to use my computer less, but what happened was that I didn’t use my iPad and continued using my laptop! So I decided to sell the iPad and just keep my laptop instead. I will sometimes buy throught my phone as well, but mainly using either my personal laptop or my work desktop...

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    Laptops are the way to go for me always. They are way more comfortable for searching and lately writing down the details, plus I feel way more secure while using it, I don't really like tablets because I'm such a mess with my finger typing.

11. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I purchase items online through my desktop PC or laptop. It's easier for me compared to a tablet. Even with the impressive functionality of touchscreens, I still sometimes find myself typing in incorrectly spelled words on my Facebook status and had to change them later on. For this reason, I opt not to do so on a tablet because I might push the wrong buttons. I don't want to be billed for the wrong item.

12. Everly12

Everly12New Member

Threads:
    I always use computer.
    When i use tablet it creates problem. I don't like to do shopping on tablet. So i always prefer computer.
    I have face many times error in transact time when i use tablet. But computer is good feel secure.