When The Electric Fan Breaks Down

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Mar 6, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am fed up with broken electric fans. We have more than 5, can you believe it? But it’s okay to buy a new one instead of having it repaired because 3 of those 5 have already been to the repair shop only to break down again after some months. And another lesson with electric fans is to buy the expensive brand which is guaranteed to last much longer than the cheap ones. So we are discarding all the broken appliances including the oven toaster that broke just this morning. The hazards of buying cheap appliances huh.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well that's true, you get what you pay for when it comes to buying almost anything, but I also noticed a decline in quality when it comes to established brands like KDK. The fan that was bought last 1998 is still working fine without any problems and it has never been repaired, but the fan of the same brand that was bought last 2009 already has issues with the number 1 and 0.5 button not working properly as it should shortly after it was bought. It rotates very weakly. It has already been repaired, but the issue persists, so now we just turn on the fan at number 2 instead of the lower numbers.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to electric fans, I have learned to buy the more established although more expensive brands. I've had very bad experiences with cheaper brands, The motor just breaks down after a year of use and instead of saving money because these brands cost less than half of the more well-known brands, I end up not getting my money's worth. I once bought a store branded electric fan because I thought that only the privileged store members can buy one. I was disappointed and felt cheated., To repair it would cost me the same amount I would have spent to buy a new one like it. On the other, the electric fan I bought to replace it had been in use for about 3 years and I have had no problems with it. It was worth the extra money.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    When I lived in Egypt we used to have a lot of power cuts. Although any fan I had and the air conditioning was working perfectly, it would make no difference if there was no electricity to drive them.

What I did was to make an air conditioning system myself to cool us down during that time of no electricity. I wetted bath towels and hung them in front of the windows on a washing airer. The breeze would blow through the towel and the coldness of the water in the towel would blow through into the room. It sufficed for the duration of the power cut and would help to cool us down till the electric was put on again.