When you can't find a gift for someone...

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by addicted_buyer • Dec 8, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
  2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Lol that's so funny and true. I wouldn't say it's how we all act every time, but I think it's certainly how most of us feel when we the holiday pressure is put upon us. Great share, made my day. Thanks!

3. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    That's so true! I've been wracking my brain trying to find a gift for my father in law. It's ridiculously hard.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Loved it! That made me smile and it is really early on a Saturday morning. :D
    There are just certain people that every year I rack my brain trying to think of something to get for them and each year it gets more difficult than the last one. Maybe this year, I'll just do the gift card thing. Thanks!

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, when all else fails the gift card can be the perfect gift. Especially if its to a store that you know the individual likes to go to. Gift cards to movie theaters can also be great gifts along with gift cards to online places like itunes and Amazon. So, this little cartoon is not only cute but also informative.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Lol!! So true.

Unfortunately, gift cards for those people don't usually work for me. Those are the same people who have everything, want for nothing, and make way more money for me.....so no amount of money is going to look right on a card. I still have to keep trying to find something special that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nice pic, that's quite an amusing depiction of the "stress" caused by trying to find that perfect gift for someone. I think that gift cards are really the answer if you just don't know what to gift someone, and it's quite convenient too.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    When you have no idea of what to give someone, make a nice gift basket with all of there favorite things in it. If they like liquor, wine or beer, drop that in the basket with other favorite treats. Trust me, they will love it, even there favorite tea, coffee, or whatever you think they may like.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Jessi, it's not the amount that counts. If those people have things they like to indulge in such as wines or even spa treatments, a gift card may mean a free item or a discount on a regular service. Even a $10 will cover the tax on a $100 item the person intended to buy anyway. It's the thought that counts.

10. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Yeah I agree. Much easy and quick really if you haven't got any idea on what to give. In that way the receiver can buy what she/he wants.

11. Grehamthorp

GrehamthorpBanned

Threads:
    It happen with many people that some time none of thought come in your mind that what should your buy for your relative. If you haven't got any idea, then buy a simple card and then make it fashionable at your own.

#11Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  12. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Picking gift for friends sometime do make you annoyed. Nice share.

13. AnnaBee75

AnnaBee75New Member

Threads:
    Actually, I do have several friends that literary have everything, so my gifts to them were along the line of bringing some nice memories back, showing them that I do care for them. I didn't get them expensive gifts, and it worked perfectly.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That wasn't at all what I was expecting LOL, but it's pretty accurate. When I don't have ideas, I use Pinterest to come up with ideas. Usually you can come up with some really cool ideas for next to nothing costwise.

15. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    This is funny, but it's true that sometimes we can't find a right gift for a certain person. No matter how hard we think, it seems not working. Gift cards are one of the best thing invented. It's safe to give a gift card to someone, if you don't have any idea what he wants and some people prefer to receive it.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Giving money... without actually giving money.
    The problem is when you get a gift card for that store that you never heard of and only has stuff that doesn't interest you, and when you go check it out, all the prices are above something you could get with the gift card only, so you still need to spend some money of your own.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon gift cards are the best gift cards to buy for people because they can literally buy anything, and they can stack them with other Amazon gift cards.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Jessi, that is why I have a number of go-to gifts that I buy that are things everyone can use. Almost everyone can use another photo frame, especially if it is a really nice one. The same goes for photo albums. You can also put together baskets of edible treats pretty easily and without too much expense.

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    When I can't find a gift for someone, I would just give them a gift card or something. Another alternative way would be taking them to dinner, which is one of my best preferences.

20. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    So true. And just think, Christmas is less than 2 months away!