When You Order Online, Do Your Packages Get Delivered To Your Home Or In The Postal Office?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by sidney • Feb 2, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I get it delivered to the door.
    Walking to the nearest post office and picking it up seems like a waste of time, even if there is a fee delivering it to the doorstop.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have things delivered to my home. I work out of my home so I'm usually available to receive it. In the past, I have had an item or two delivered to a workplace, so I wouldn't have to worry about it sitting on the porch at home. But, I've never had anything delivered to the post office for me to pick up later. I guess it is an option to consider if I won't be available to receive a large package at home.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do a whole lot of ordering online, but when I do I usually have my packages come directly to my house and the only way I go to pick it up at the post office is if nobody is at home when they bring the package and I have been left a slip to either have it redelivered or to pick it up, in which case I always go the next day to the package up.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my packages sent straight to my home I never had to claim it at the post office even if i'm not here they just leave it at my door

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunaly, there is always someone at my house, so i can have them deliver them directly at my house. I hate it when they don't ring the bell and just put a note saying the package arrived and i need to go get it myself.

6. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I usually get my packages delivered to my post office, and in case it is a big package that wouldn't fit in the post office box, a card is usually left informing you to go and pick it at the counter. Taxes, taxes... I have never actually paid for taxes for my packages since most of them are usually of "no commercial value". :)

7. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    I generally choose the package to ship to my house but because I'm not always home my package is often left at my nearest post office. However I do not get charged to pick up mym packages at my nearest post office so that is a perk for me then.

8. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    In China, the expresses can delivery the goods to the doors,but in rural areas, the goods may not, because the countryside is quite wide range.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far it seems like the Philippines is the only country that has to pay a "storage fee" and "tax" when buying items online, not to mention being required to claim them in the post office, with the exception of books, because books that are not more than 6 aren't taxable. Just make sure that the book was bought from online bookstores, because they are packaged in a way that it declares that it was a book. Because if it was just given to you, they will still make you claim it from the post office. Just sharing what I have just learned.

#29Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I always send my packages to get delivered right to my door.
    I think it's just too much work to go to the post office and pick it up because I rather just have it delivered to my address where in the worst case scenario my neighbors can accept it for me.