When you travel do you go to as many places you can or you savor just few?

Discussion in Travel started by 003 • Jun 7, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of people when they travel, they really make the most of it. They exhaust their body going from place to place for the fear that they might not see them, the tourists spots, or for the excitement of seeing them. The turn out is instead that they are able to relax, calm themselves and refresh their minds, they just get stressed. In my case, whenever I travel, I only savor few place. The travel going to a place where I am having a vacation is already a stress, so I don't want to add it up by travelling more exploring every nook of the area. What I have in my mind is that I would just probably be back next time for other places, because it's really important for me to relax when I travel.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I certainly wouldn't go everywhere. Not only is it exhausting, it takes time away from your trip and most often it would cost more. I do kinda regret not going to that museum in San Diego but it was good not to go. I believe I went everywhere that I had to see and that's the best way to be. If you're going to a place just because it's there then don't do it but if you feel you'll miss out if you never get to see it then you should go especially if it's free.

3. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    Whenever we travel, we usually go to a few places. We plan where we want to go beforehand and dedicate a day or so to a few big attractions or events. Apart from that we don't rush anything, give ourselves ample time to do what we want to see, visit, buy, eat at, etc.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It depends how long I'll be in a certain place. If I find a really cool place in a new city that I like, I have no issue staying there for awhile and exploring fully. But I also want to see as much as a new city as possible as it's likely I won't get an opportunity to come back any time soon. So it depends on what I find in a new city; I'll explore fully new tourist areas unless I find a place I'd like to stay at a bit longer.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    As a kid, we used to go on camping trips from place to place to place. It was exhausting. Fortunately it was also flexible. If we hit a place that was worth staying at a little longer, we did just that. I have maintained the idea of being flexible as much as possible but I do make a point to give myself enough time at a location to relax and enjoy it. I would not enjoy a cruise where we would only have a few hours to explore a city before we sailed again.

Much of the planning of a trip for me is looking at the possible things I would want to do and getting an idea of how long they will take. If there are a lot of things to see, I will plan extra time. If there is only one thing I want to see, I will probably spend one night and move on to the next location.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reason why I travel alone is that I hate having to stay in one place. I always like to explore new areas and since I love photography, I have to hunt for the nice stuff which I can take pics of. Staying in one place wouldn't give me that. Yeah, sometimes it does cost a little more but it's much better as far enjoying yourself is concerned because you get to meet more people, see more places. But if you're not a nature or people person . . .

7. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I was guilty of maximizing every trip that I took in the past. However, these days, whenever I travel, I try to be more picky on the places that I will visit. I have come to accept the fact that if I want to see more places, I must stay there for more days. I don't try to squeeze in all places in a short period of time because I already got so sick in the past because of that practice. I took a 3-day trip only and just really went all over the place. The moment I arrived home, I was already having a 40-degree fever and I have to stay in bed for a week. It was not worth it!

It's better to allocate more days to see more places rather than kill yourself by endeavoring to see too many place for a few days.

8. bmatth1045

bmatth1045New Member

Threads:
    I like to use one place as my hangout that way I can come back to it . but after a few days im ready to see what else the place has to offer

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over the years I have learned to pace myself so that I do not make myself sick. I try to see as much as I can that is important to me. When my body says okay done. I agree and reduce or stop what ever even if I had plans to see more.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to relax when I travel. Life is hectic enough at home. It's about no stress when I go on vacation. I like to see off the beaten path type of sites, but I don't make a full schedule and drive myself nuts trying to fit everything in.

11. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    When its vacation/travel time, my husband and I will make up a list on what and where we'll be going. We will have a set budget for each place and will not venture off from it. We do include just a lazy day on the beach so that makes our trip more relaxing.

12. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I usually write down the name of places I want to visit along with budget before I start my travel. Running out of money and getting sick are two things I avoid when I'm on a trip.

If I still have enough money to visit more places then I will definitely consider it but I won't until I have visited places I wanted to go to the most.

13. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    For me or my point of view if you are travelling then you move place to place because that's time to enjoy the life and i think if you go different place then you enjoy that days in your life because you see different things in different places..

14. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    If you are going for a short trip like 3 4 days then you should go to selective places which are more famous, but if you are going for a long trip like for a 3 weeks or for a month then you can explore as much as you can. and people having compassion about exploring, dont get exhaust.

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During my travels, I like to see as many places as possible. I don't find it stressful at all to go from place to place to absorb its history, colours, smells, etc. I like to soak it all up and then go back to my room, crash on the bed and digest it all. I would feel tense if I couldn't do that. I have a restless nature and need to see and experience as much as possible to feel satisfied and happy.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I guess it would depend on my mood or what type of vacation I want to get out of the experience. Most of the time I just want to relax so I try not to stress myself out too much trying to cross things out of a checklist, but if I'm in the mood for exploration then I wouldn't mind getting tired and burned out on a vacation as well. Both are good experiences in my opinion, just as long as I'm sure that it's what I want at that particular time and would have no regrets.