Where are the best deals for groceries?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by danderson239 • Mar 2, 2014.

1. danderson239

danderson239New Member

Threads:
    I live in a large city, so my food/grocery budget is quite large every month. I've been trying to find ways to reduce my grocery bill. I've discovered the value of shopping around for the best deals.

Here's what I've found:
    • Aldi's has the cheapest box/can goods
    • Walmart has the cheapest frozen produce
    • Drug stores and gas stations have cheap bread, milk, and eggs
    • Fresh Produce isn't cheap anywhere

That said, I'd rather have quality produce, so I usually go to a local grocery store for fresh fruits and apples.

Where do you Shop To lower your monthly grocery bill?

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I personally shop Food City only for my meats. Wal-Mart is where we get basically everything else. There are some store brands that are not all that great so my family sticks to what we know tastes good.

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Fresh and Easy Markets are the best deal in my area. They were sold by a British Company so some of the really "hot deals" stopped, like a 5 dollar off every 25 your spent (yes and it could be used for each 25 dollar increment). They now have coupons they email you if you join their "Friends" of Fresh and Easy that follow your buying patterns. They also have their breads and pastries (baked fresh in store) on sale for half price each evening and they are really good. For me, I don't run around and waste gas and just stick with them and save a lot.

4. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    Aldi is a great place to buy everything. When it comes to snacks and drinks, you should always look at the Rite Aid circular. They always have deals and if you buy certain things with your card, they give you extra cash.

5. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    Every country and every area have different stores, but I would look into reward programs. I am from Canada, so my grocery store is not available in the U.S (it's a Canadian owned and operated chain). At my local grocery store they do a point system; I get ten points for every dollar I spend on my Mastercard and points on products in store. Points accumulate quickly and then you cash them in for free groceries. You are being these products anyways, with a point system you get rewarded. I highly suggest looking into this option within your local stores.