Where Are Your Old CDs & DVDs?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • May 4, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My DVD collection has dwindled into nothing because my friends kept borrowing them and never returning them. It's okay though, because I wasn't really attached to those, and yes, they are still my friends. :) As for my audio CDs, they are safely intact on my many CD racks just hanging out at the garage collecting dust. I don't exactly know what to do with them, but they don't take up much space and they're pretty Neat to look at, so I'll probably just keep them.

How about you guys?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stopped lending out my DVDs long time ago. I still have a large collection of DVDs and CDs in two big plastic storage containers. I also still have a lot of music cassettes! I don't have anyway to play them, but I still keep them around.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Good question! This made me want to check my old stuff and reminisce the good old days. I would probably post them on my studio wall as a design, at least those music CDs. As for the the DVDs, I collect them. :)

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate it when people borrow some of my CDs and DVDs and don't give them back. I don't use them all the time, and yes, most of my collection is collecting dust, but at least they should have the initiative to give them back. I don't have a CD rack but I have a CD case which holds most of my collection. My other CDs are kept in a drawer. My PS3 and Xbox 360 games are scattered in the living room. Lol.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also hate it when people borrow my things in general and don't return them. I've had a few casette tapes that were not returned, but the cd's and dvd's, I make sure to bug the person to return it, even if it's obvious that they don't want to return it. When they do return it, they looked so scratched and worn out. Now to be safe, I don't lend my things anymore. Right now, my cd's and dvd's are stored inside my cabinet.

#5Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Well mine are all on a DVD/CD rack in my front room. I get one or two out every now and again and watch and listen to them. I love watching old film with my daughter, I think every one should sit down and watch a classic film from time to time. I must admit one or two of my friends have borrowed mine and never returned them which is annoying, but also my fault for never asking for them back.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have four enormous binders full of four disc sleeves. It's really rather nice and it allows me to keep things neat. I don't really see the point of tossing everything, mostly because you never know when your replacement (in this case digital files) will up and crap out on you.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Still there, gathering dust. Since i got internet, i really stopped getting physical copies of movies and music because of the whole "see you in 10 years when you will have to buy everything you like again because we have it with better quality".

9. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I keep them in these old easter baskets that I was not using. Amazing how technology has changed so rapidly isn't it? I never imagine that my cd's would become obsolete for the most part. I never use them. I am always playing mp3's for songs. Remember wavs? Those went the way of the dodo also.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They are just in the closet, gathering dust. I really have no use for physical media, never had.. the last time I used any kind of physical media was back when I had only 60GB HDD, so I burned everything onto a DVD, but now.. nope. :)

11. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I got rid of all of my CDs about 3 years ago when I moved overseas. I had already uploaded all of them to my computer, and I didn't have a separate CD player anyway. It was really nice to give them away and sell them at garage sales! My DVDs are in a box, still in America. I used to bring select DVDs with me overseas, but now I just leave them all in the USA. I wish there was a way to upload DVDs to our computers, then throw out the DVD! That would solve all of my space issues.

12. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    I still have them in boxes in my garage. I was trying to sell them in bulk but the offer was way too low. I feel like they were such a waste of money and space now with all the new streaming technology.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

The same thing happened with my dvds they slowly but surely disappeared I had a huge collection of dvds but now I have nothing. I don't even bother on buying anymore dvds I still buy for my kids but not for myself. And I have maybe like 3 or 4 cds that just sit on my table in my bed room.

14. chrischu5

chrischu5New Member

Threads:
    My old CD and DVD collections are all back home, stuffed in 3 or 4 cabinets. I have a TON of discs so it really tends to take up a lot of my space. I actually really miss watching old VCDs and DVDs. Having to switch CDs back then was both a gift and a curse, now that I think about it.

15. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I've switched to buying my music on Amazon. Most of my old cd's I've ripped to my computer anyway. But, for all my new music, I'd rather buy them online so I don't have to worry about losing them.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ended up with hundreds of CDs. They're all packed away actually. I was just thinking of them recently, now that my oldest son is into music that I was (and still am), so I guess i'll be digging them out to give to him.