Where can I buy a portable auto battery charger?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Kaybee517 • Nov 30, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    My car battery died twice in the past month. The first time it was because I drained the battery when listening to the radio for a couple hours without having the car turned on idling. Now again, the car won't start. I think it's because it's been about 3 weeks since using the car due to storm Sandy. We couldn't get out of our town for several days since there was no street lights on. I hope we can get a jump from a stranger, but I thought it'd be a good idea to have a portable charger in case this happens again.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I bought mine years ago from Sears for around $50. I think it is called the Mighty Max and it has been really good to have. You do need to charge it up fully about once a year so it will be ready when you need it. The one nice thing that I really liked about it was that you could use it to run small plug in appliances as well as charge a car battery. If you do get one, be sure to read the directions carefully. It is a little different to hook up to jump a car than using jumper cables.

3. mazhar1432

mazhar1432New Member

Threads:
    You can get it from Pep-Boys if there is one close to you. If you don't have one near you, any sort of car repair station carries them just ask around. Also, other appliance and hardware stores carry them too like Sears and PC Richard and Son as well.