Where Can I Buy The Cheapest Battery Replacement?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sissibombix • Sep 19, 2015.

1. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    My laptop is not that old but I've been neglecting its battery since I bought it. And now the battery can't last more than half an hour without needing to recharge. I need to buy a replacement, and was wondering where could I buy legitimate batteries online at the lowest price.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd suggest getting your replacement battery from cheapestlaptop batteries.com.

They always have some great deals on laptop batteries but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be the cheapest. It's much better to actually look around in as many places as you can, compare the prices and buy from the reputable store which sells the battery you need at the lowest prices. It might save you some time and money in the long run.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You could try finding some on ebay or maybe even Amazon. I've seen a lot of the replacements sold on ebay and the sellers are upfront on whether or not their items are fake knockoffs or original so you don't have to worry as much. If you aren't too particular on the durability then you could just settle on a fake or cheaper one just to get you through until the end of the lifespan of your laptop, and if it's a Mac you can just find a small repair store that will put it in for you or you could just look up videos online on how to do it.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    TigerDirect is another good place to look for electronic items. They have frequent specials and low prices. Batteries plus might be another possibility. I am not sure if you have to go to a physical store however, or if you can order directly from the website. I have never tried ordering online.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I always say you should pay more and get the proper battery from the manufacturer.
    It will last longer, and there is less of a risk that a cheapo battery could damage your laptop.
    Try to get one with a newer manufacturer date, batteries get less reliable with age.
    This is one thing that should not be cheaped out on, unless you have a cheap computer you plan to replace soon.

6. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Yeah I need to start looking, I just figured I could ask here first. I'll take a look at that website thanks!
    I'm a bit afraid of buying batteries from ebay, I'm worried I may get a fake one with really bad quality that ends up not compensating the money I spent. Maybe amazon is a bit safer? I mean, I want it to be cheap but not to the point where it won't last me a year.

Thanks I'll look it up!
    I will probably end up doing that if I don't find one that seems reliable or legitimate enough. But if I buy from the manufacturer the batteries are so much more expensive :(

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You are probably safer buying from Amazon since the reviews there are much more detailed. I think ebay sellers do state if they are fake or original though so I wouldn't worry too much about that either. I agree that you probably should just get original parts if you can help it, but from my experience most windows laptop brands usually have bad batteries anyway so even then I really don't expect that much. Good luck!

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that if you really want to be safe and have peace of mind when buying a new battery then you really must buy from the original manufacturer, at least you know that it's a safe and quality product. If ever you're gonna buy from a 3rd party manufacturer, google reviews first about the reviews of their specific products to be safe. Over here I know a store that sells quality replacement batteries of cellphones and laptops, the store is Green Ion Battery World.

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have found the cheapest batteries on ebay! I just look up my battery serial number and find the generic. A lot of people say things like "it will explode on you," but I read the reviews. If the seller has thousands of customers and positive reviews, then chances ar you are going to get a good product for less.