Where can I get coupons for items other than processed foods?

Discussion in Coupons started by DrowningGirl • Aug 25, 2012.

1. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am new to the forum and still figuring things out. I am curious to know if anyone has had success finding coupons for items that are not processed food? My family is on a very tight budget and every penny counts. I know you can save a lot of money couponing, however, I am not interested in the kinds of food that you can find coupons for most often.

Are there coupons for whole foods, such as vegetables, grains, oils, spices, etc? If so, where do I find them? Also, how do you use coupons to save money for your family without eating nothing but unhealthy, over processed food, filled with preservatives?

I would love to hear some opinions and tips on this subject.

Thanks in advance!

2. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I, too am interested in learning where to find coupons for more healthy food items. It seems like everyone's always trying to push you to eat stuff that is just not healthy...and the healthy stuff is always so doggone expensive. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a coupon for a more healthy dinner than macaroni and cheese, dehydrated mashed potatoes and canned vegetables?

3. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    I have found some coupons for things like flour, tofu, shirataki noodles, and occasionally bagged salads, but they are so few and far between. I have no idea were to find them more often and couponing just seems like a huge effort when I don't want to eat half the stuff that is offered.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    DrowningGirl is right. They are few and far between. I get coupons for strawberries, milk, eggs and cheese by signing up to my market's newsletter of by checking packages for coupons. Sometimes on my milk I can get 55 cents off if I buy some eggs too.

5. MamaWolfe

MamaWolfeNew Member

Threads:
    I am definitely interested to see what tips are mentioned here, as I often wonder the same thing. I typically can find coupons for eggs and very very occasionally basics like flour that I can use to at least make my own healthy things at home. Have you tried looking in local stores for store coupons? Whole Foods and Earth Fare are close to me and they will often have coupons along with their weekly deals.

6. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    I have looked at Whole Foods coupons (no Earth Fare around here) and they sometimes have what I want. Unfortunately, Whole Foods is a little out of my budget right now. I have a 5 month old and will buy organic for her, but my husband are currently stuck with conventional food because we are pretty broke.