Where Can You Get Cheap Books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by danielle davidson • Jun 16, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    There is one website that I know of where you can get books that are actually fairly cheap. The one that I use is called BookBub. They send me emails with all the deals that they have for the day. Most of the time they are books that I would never read, but it's nice to see the books that are cheap on the site. Another one that my sister likes to use is bookoutet. It's a great place if you want to find some cheap books. So, what are some good websites where you are able to find cheap books?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Ebay and Amazon to buy books, but now I have started listening to audio books so I only really use a site called Audible. I still buy the occasional book from local charities shops if they catch my eye – but other than that it's Audible for me. :)

3. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I buy a lot of my books from Amazon because I am a sucker for a brand new book and they usually have better prices than going to a book store. Book Outlet (bookoutlet.com) is also a great place to find cheap books although you do have to pay for shipping there.

4. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    Half-Priced books are pretty cheap. You can also try

and

if you are looking for a shop online. If you shop around on ebay like deansaliba said, you can find an even better deal. I think Amazon is cheap for new, unheard of books. Books that are popular tend to be expensive.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon and Ebay would be the best choices since they are already quite popular around the world and have been in the marketplace industry for quite some time now.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any place you can buy used books would be the best place to get cheap books.

Half.com probably has the best deals on used books. But if you aren't interested in used books you could use bookfinder4u.com to compare prices. Makes it a lot easier for you to compare [book prices in numerous stores] in one place and buy from the store where you'll save some money.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I am a bibliophile, I try to stay away from sites that sell books... too much temptationo_O.
    I usually will search for a specific book title, type it in and see what online store comes up. Usually I buy most of my books from the used book section in my local library.

8. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I always thought that Half.com was a place where you would get textbooks. I know that they have some really great prices there though, so I will have to check that out! Also, that bookfinder4u sounds that it will be a great place. I know when I'm selling back my textbooks I use a site like that, which tells me where I can sell my books for the most money. I think that would be a really great place to search for some books that I want.

9. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get books for school on craigslist. I have to make sure I meet them at a safe public place.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This is a great listing of where to find cheap books. I usually just use Amazon, but this opens it up to lots of options. Thanks!

11. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I have never checked there before just because I don't think that they would have the books that I'm looking for. When it comes to books I can be picky. I know that free is free and I shouldn't complain, but if I don't like the book then I won't be able to get into it. I have a hard time getting into books just because I never know what I want to read. Sometimes I just try to search for a PDF of a book I'm looking for so that I can get it free.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Readingdeals.com is a good one I use and also Bookgorilla has a good selection each day. They do a classic book for a dime most days which is good. Free is always good, but some books that are bestsellers can be be found for a a dollar or two. With both sites, the offers are usually for 24 hours only and is EST so you can miss them. I log in each day to see what there is and some days they have a good choice and others nothing that I would read.

13. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to Amazon for cheap books. You can also go to good reads. You can read books online there for free. There is another website that lets you read books for free. I was able to read some books online. I will have to look it up to find it. I also go to my local bookstore to look for cheap books.

14. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    If you swap to ebooks there is an almost unlimited supply of free books from public domain classics to promotional review copies. The easiest single way to reduce your book bill to zero is to take up reading digital formats then sign up to Amazon, Netgalley, Inkspand etc.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought many books in years but I used to fund the best prices at abebooks.com. They have a huge selection and they were cheaper than Amazon.

16. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I have never heard of that site before, I'm going to have to check it out. I am always looking for a place to find cheap books, and sometimes Amazon sells their stuff for expensive amounts. I don't like spending a ton of money on books just because I feel like I will only read them once, and most of the time that's the case. I just don't believe in spending $20 on a book that will be read once. I know that I could sell it, but I can never part with my books. I don't even like selling the old text books that I buy.

17. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I love to read, and totally love books. When we moved, I had more boxes of books than anything else. I buy ebooks, but am a total sucker for the real thing. I usually shop at used book stores and many of them have it where you can trade in your old books for new ones. I also like to look for books at yard sales and thrift stores. If I'm looking for a particular book, I use Amazon. I hate having to pay for the shipping, though.

18. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I know, I can't stand not having the real book while I"m reading. I don't think that I can read from an eBook, but because I don't like not having the book. That is actually nice that you are able to trade in books. I don't think that they have anything like that where I live. Which stinks because they would be a pretty cool idea that I would have to try out. I have gotten some books from Yard Sales like you, and it's great because you can find them so cheap.