Where can you purchase inexpensive lingerie?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 15, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Lingerie is one of those clothing items that I feel is almost always overpriced. I understand that the lingerie Fabric is at times silk, but there's so little of this material used to make the garment. So, I am wondering where I can get inexpensive lingerie.

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my lingerie from Sears. The prices are inexpensive and you can usually find some cute lingerie there. I love their Hello Kiity lingerie LOL.

Other places I shop at are Walmart and online Asian stores. Asian stores seem to be really cheap, in my opinion.

La Senza is another option. They're like Victoria's Secret in a way, but their prices aren't nearly as high.

Hope that helps.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can find lingerie for pretty surprising prices at Ross and Marshall's. Some of my favorite bras I got at Ross, and they are pretty decent quality. Victoria's Secret will have good prices during their semi-annual sales (I believe they have them twice a year), so you need to stay alert on when they start. You can always find good prices on the first days of sale. I love getting their panties, and last time I got them they were 7 for $25. That is a pretty great deal!

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Oh - I didn't even think about Ross or Marshall's. Both of these stores are about 10 minutes from my home. I'll check out the lingerie in these place. Normally, whenever I visit either one of these establishments, I go straight to the shoe department.

5. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    Mostly Walmart and Target, but I will venture into a specialty store when they have a 2 for 1 sale. While I do like to feel pretty in delicate lacy lingerie, those tend to not last very long and are way overpriced considering the poor quality.

6. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I purchase most of my bras and panties at Ross, a department store that we have in my town. I don't know your location, but this store has all of my clothing needs at very reasonable prices! The bras here last forever. I have a few lingerie from Victoria's secret, but the lace does not last long and the wires poke out, so stay away if you're looking for something to last!

7. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    Isabbbela, I absolutely agree with you! Ross has a great selection of lingerie at very reasonable prices! I recently purchased a new piece of lingerie from my local Ross store. It is a one-piece and it is black and white lace. It was only $10.99!
    TJMaxx also offers a wide variety and styles at great prices! Last year, for Valentine's day, I purchased a silky red robe from TJ Maxx. I don't recall the exact amount, but I know it was inexpensive.
    Another good option is Kohls. They usually have good prices and the quality is great! Kohls also usually runs really great sales! Keep your eye out for coupons! If you sign up for their e-mail alerts, you receive a $5 off coupon!
    I have purchased lingerie at Walmart before, but truthfully, I am not a fan. The quality was terrible. The price was right, but the quality just wasn't.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually buy all my lingerie online, there are some great websites that have cheap nice looking lingerie, I also buy from ebay, new only of course. They have alot of shops from all over the world on there that sale cheap 2 piece or 1 piece set.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you buy lingerie in sets, then you can get them cheaper than buying individual ones. You can also check out online stores, the items there tend to be cheaper than physical stores.

10. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly? I usually go to Kohl's or Costco, sometimes at Macy's or JCPenny. I feel like lingerie is just...well, fancy underwear, right? I don't have a huge preference on the type of underwear because I'm more practical than anything else, but if I want to splurge and get something real nice I would not hesitate to go into a specialty shop or something like that.

I feel like you pay for what you get; if you get an inexpensive lingerie, it wouldn't last as long as a nice fancy expensive well-made one.

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Sears is the place I go to inexpensive lingeries. There are also some available if you will visit Amazon or eBay. You just have to be careful with eBay though. Some sellers there are scammers. Make sure that you will check the reputation of the seller first before buying anything.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You aren't the only one that feels that a lot of this stuff is too expensive. I've noticed a lot of sites in recent times that offer patterns for making your own lingerie. If you sew, it might be worth it to check some of them out. I just went to look at a couple when I saw your thread, and some of them look pretty straightforward. I might even try out a couple patterns as well. Like you said, most of them don't take much fabric, lol, so it should be pretty affordable to do. This way you can get exactly what you want as well, and make it to fit you perfectly.

13. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Ebay is an incredibly diverse source for lingerie. You can find so many incredibly unique items if you surf through a few pages. I would highly recommend it as the prices can be really affordable. I don't personally purchase that style of undergarment, but I have seen many, many listings while shopping for underwear.

14. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I wait until stores like VS or Gap have the 40/50% off sales. You can get pretty lacy underwear for next to nothing. They always have good stuff to choose from too!

15. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I forgot about Ebay! I will have to look into that. I have actually found some really decent deals on Amazon.com. A lot of their lingerie products are inexpensive and it's a trusted site, so I usually feel good about my purchase. There are some sites out there that I'm cautious about. I have always like Victoria's Secret bra's and I'm not sure if I can stray, but for the other pieces that I don't have to wear everyday, Amazon has become very useful!

16. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Kohls and Walmart, but if I'm looking for something specific, I'll look on eBay or Amazon because you can find some great stuff there.

17. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly all of the major department stores have pretty regular and pretty decent sales. I would never buy lingerie at Walmart, personally. There's just something about it - the fact that it hung there for all the world to see, touch, brush by... ugh. But Macy's, Dillards, Belk, even JCPenny (which is on my non-shop list) have good sales that you can often pair with store coupons. And they all have nice designer names and brand names that were once originally priced pretty high. Cheap lingerie is going to look and feel cheap. It isn't comfortable and doesn't hold up well.

But expensive lingerie found on sale is still expensive lingerie.