Where did all those perfume sample bottles go?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Stephanie • May 14, 2012.

1. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    I remember way back when you could walk through the make-up/perfume section of any department store and walk away with at least 3-5 samples of perfume in those cute little bottles. There were usually 2 or 3 women standing around with baskets of them "hocking" their goods!
    Now, I just see slips of paper! Do you know of any stores who still give you those little bottles or who has the best samples?

2. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I went to a department store one time and tried to get some sample vials but the associate just sprayed the perfume on a swatch of paper and gave it to me! I guess they are getting cheap, maybe it is the economy. I don't know any stores that give out vials but sometimes I luck out by signing up for free perfumes samples on the internet, sometimes you get a wipe, sometimes you get a vial. You just have to be quick to sign up when they offer them, though.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't seen that in a long time. Not only is it not exactly cheap to put out all those samples, but to pay for workers at this point to go around giving out freebies probably doesn't balance out very well with perfume sales. People simply aren't buying nearly enough to make it worthwhile for them to pay hundreds of workers hours and hours a week in order to get very limited sales. :(