Where Do You Buy Pc Games ? Steam/gog Or Other Sites ?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by mbuzma • Nov 23, 2017.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use Steam or GOG to buy games directly, or just buy game keys on other sites like cdkeys and GMG ?
    Personally I've been using the cdkeys web site, unless there's a discount or a free game on offer on Steam/GOG. I get games far cheaper that way, usually anywhere from 20 - 30 %, and I've never had problems with activating games bought on their site. However, some people have apparently had problems with the games they bought this way being deleted from their steam account and/or having their steam account banned. Your thoughts ?

2. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I buy my PC games from Steam, GMG, Amazons, and Origin. And unless it's a Bethesda game, I never pay full price. I am always looking for game deals. My typical game purchase is from $5~$30 and I hardly ever pay over $30. Because I know 1~3 months tops I will be able to buy any non-Bethesda game for $30 or less. For whatever reason, Bethesda hardly ever lowers their price.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I buy most of mine from Gamestop, the store, not the website. However, occasionally, I have bought one from Wal-Mart or Target. Anyway, though, I 'm sure good deals are found on Amazon and eBay, but I haven't looked into it - and downloading might be a way to save - but I've not caught on to that yet.

4. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Why do you still buy physical releases ? It's pointless since they make you download parts or even the whole game through Steam anyway. You like the printed manuals and such ? I'm not sure how much Gamestop charges since I don't buy there but I've heard of people getting scammed. You could almost certainly save some money by buying online.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think buying on steam is lot cheaper some of the times. Because most of the games over there are carrying discount. And you can save a lot of money in due process. There may be times when things may not go in our way. And we have to learn from the experience of others. That's something to consider when it comes to buying PC games.

6. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the reason is that their games sell like hot cakes, so they don't feel compelled to lower the price. It sucks, but at least I managed to get Skyrim for like 10 $ on cdkeys. Fallout 4 is still expensive.
    Buying on Steam is rarely cheaper than buying on GMG/CDKeys, unless you live in Russia or other regions where Steam has to offer the games for very low prices.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I think some people still buy physical copies because of collection privilege. You can display them on shelfs unlike digital versions. I prefer buying on steam because of the discounts and the community I can interact with.

Steam is also friendly to streamers like me.

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of games on my PC and on my cell phone and all the games I own right now I have bought them from Steam. I like Steam and I trust this site because I bought my games without a virus, and at a small price.

9. eminem77

eminem77New Member

Threads:
    I just recently bought ROS in Steam.