Where do you buy Winter Jackets?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MikeyPaine • Nov 13, 2013.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I've been looking for a winter jacket before it starts getting really cold (I'm already a little late on that one already) but I've had a hard time finding a good winter jacket under 100 bucks. Only place I've found anything decent is H&M. Where do you buy your Winter Jackets?

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good question. I myself am on the look-out for good quality, heavily-insluated winter jackets for $100 or less. I haven't found one yet. It totally sucks. I'm in winter weather right now, and my wool winter coat just isn't working well enough. I'm colddddd. I like the parkas by North Face. But they are so expensive. I saw some decent parkas a few days ago in JC Penny for under $100. I also hear Burlington Coat Factory has some good ones. Good luck

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy winter jackets from a North Face outlet. North Face is probably the best option for winter jackets, because they are designer and they will keep you comfy and warm during harsh weather.

4. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    Burlington Coat Factory has the widest selection of coats at very reasonable prices. If I don't find a coat I'm searching for there then I go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I have a Guess wool trench style winter coat with a hood I've had for 3 years that I found at TJs. I paid less than $100 and I'll wear it for every winter for the rest of my life as long as it still fits.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just keep up with the sales and clearances and usually find something. It;s harder to do it in off season, because the smaller sizes run out quickly, but sometimes you'll get lucky. I just recently picked up a great coat from Ebay for about 50 bucks too.

6. Peters879

Peters879Banned

Threads:
    I also want to buy jackets but don't know is buying online is good. There may be problem of size.

7. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    My new winter coat is from a fashion shop called Bank. Cost £50, so pretty happy with that!

8. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy mine from Burlington Coat Factory. They have a lot to choose from for decent prices. Once in a while, I'll find a nice coat at Meijer, but it's hard to find a good quality coat there.

9. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I was going to say H&M, too. Right now, I live in a moderately cold winter climate (January temperatures will get down to the teens in Fahrenheit). I have winter coats from Zara, H&M, and Forever21. I will usually have to layer these coats with an additional sweater, then have whatever shirt I'm wearing as my base layer. I have also found 2 really great winter coats on the Poshmark app, which is basically shopping other people's closets. The risk there is not knowing for sure if the item will fit great, but you can always send it back, if necessary. I usually check the measurements with the sellers, and haven't had any problems!

10. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    TJ Maxx is a great place to find jackets from various brand names at a good price. I've bought North Face pieces before, and they're pretty much all there not because of some defect, but because it's a last season item. I have several winter jackets/coats from Banana Republic that I've bought after winter's gone. But they often have 40% off storewide sales, so it's good to be on a lookout for those!

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I just really buy my winter jackets in walmart. You'll be surprised on how many affordable jackets they have, not to mention cool as well.

12. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I just bought a great winter jacket at Aeropostale! They're having a decent online sale right now. I don't know how cold it gets for you, but I live in Las Vegas and these are perfect for the winter time. Both under $40.00.

Girls-

Guys-

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The same place that I buy ALL my clothes, a nice little store near me called Blue Inc. :)

14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I actually went scrambling to find a coat once I realized I waited too long to get one. I made a stop at Target and found a rack of good looking coats. Most of the coats were over $100 BUT I did happen upon one that was fashionable and it was $80! It is warm as all heck and cute but not comfortable. That was the rub. Uncomfortable. Still love it though.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our area winters are not that cold but you do want at coat that will keep you warm when out in the weather not just one that is cute to look at. I have in the past found good coats at the second hand stores at a good price usually less that $20, I scored a nice puff jacket for $5 in like new condition. Lately I have been looking at LL Bean online for a new longer coat, the one I think I will order is $110. I hope the price will be reduced after Christmas and my size and color is still available.

16. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Burlington Coat Factory is a good source for winter coats.

They sell a lot more clothes rather than just winter coats, so it is a good place to check often. And it is definitely a good idea to check for winter coats off-season, like during the winter and summer. During these seasons they are trying to get rid of the cold-weather stock so you might be able to snag a winter coat at a good deal.

17. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I vote for Burlington Coat factory! They have an absolutely great selection! If on a budget though, I find that when I go to Savers I find some great deals on great coats that have been donated. Really just a matter of preference.