Where Do You Buy Your Cameras Cheap?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Sunshine703 • Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Well I've been recently looking at the Sony RX100 M4 and I'm really dying to get it but I just want to wait till the price drops a little (if that would ever happen). But I was just wondering if you guys had any ways to purchase your camera devices at a cheaper price. I don't think Sony typically likes to do price drops so I was considering maybe purchasing from a third party. Right now the camera market price is $948. It's a great point and shoot but just a tad expensive.

So what I'm wondering is where do you guys go to find your camera deals online?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since there are few stores which sell only cameras, the best way to find out if the camera would cost a little less is to visit several of those sites which sell electronics, compare the prices then decide whether you'll wait for the prices to drop [that's assuming you don't need the camera immediately] or get it from the site where it's cheapest.

But since it's relatively new, I don't think there'll be offering discounts for a little while.

3. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about because it looks like an awesome camera but a bit too expensive for a point and shoot but at the same time, I'm craving for it. For normal electronics stores, I'm not sure how much of a discount that they'd even offer so I think my best bet might be to keep following the item on eBay until I find a third party seller that's selling it for really cheap. That's might be my best bet.

Like you said, it's relatively new so I'm not expecting a deal anytime soon nor do I need it immediately. But I like your suggestion. I think I'll have to have a couple electronic sites in mind and wait for black friday to see which site is offering it at the lowest price.

4. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    There are some good Chinese retailer sites such as Banggood.com which could potentially give you what you seek. I've got only positive reviews of them, and I'm sure they will treat you the same way they did with me. I know I've stumbled upon a great site, personally. As a matter of fact, I've bought a camera from them. I was quite reticent toward the promised quality, but guess what, it turned out to be way greater than what I had possessed at that time! :)

Good luck, and cheers.