Where Do You Buy Your Dog Food?

Discussion in Pets started by Faye1232212 • Sep 22, 2015.

1. Faye1232212

Faye1232212New Member

Threads:
    Recently, I've been downgrading my dog food as the prices of his normal grain free food have sky rocketed. I really hate that I have to feed my dog lesser quality food than he is used to all because the store (a local business) I frequent increased their prices. Does anyone know of any quality places to buy dog food, preferably grain free for a decent price? I can no longer afford 60 dollars plus for a 20+ bag of food. Thank you!!!

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy it at specialized large pet store chains where I live, which would be equivalent to Pet Smart and big pet centers like this. They have the biggest variety and usually the best prices as well. Not to mention you need to go only to one place to get everything your pets need. As I own one cat and one dog, it facilitates my life a lot!

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would look online. Sometimes you can find specials on these kinds of foods and also oftentimes Purina offers 5.oo discount coupons. I would buy some of the wet foods as well as many of them are grain free. Dogs can develop allergies to corn and wheat and you may end up paying big bucks to a vet to treat them for an ear infection so I think trying to stick with the grain free foods as much as possible is the way to go.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my 2 dogs were puppies, we give them dog food. But when they reached 1 year old, we started giving them table food. But that is not the leftover, the table food is bought and cooked for them, i.e. no spices or seasoning, not even a dash of salt. Broiled chicken is one of their favorites. As per my computation, table food is much cheaper than dog food and more nutritious because it is fresh unlike dog food in the can.

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I buy Disney's Old Yeller brand of dog food from Kroger. I believe the cost is usually 17.99 for a 50 pound bag, which is pretty inexpensive. We adopted our dog from the Humane Society, and he would not eat any foods at first! This brand was the first he would eat from us, so we have bought it for him ever since.