Where do you buy your Movies, Music, and Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by jaruri • Aug 1, 2012.

1. jaruri

jaruriNew Member

Threads:
    I was wondering where everyone bought their movies, music and games.

Do people still go to dedicated music shops or places like blockbuster and Gamestop?
    I've ceased to go to those places unless it is for a impulse purchase or something similar, these days I've been purchasing most things online, most often from Amazon.

Is everyone else the same as me?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I would still go to Best Buy for a couple of particular CDs that I would an actual disc for. I do still shop there from time to time for video games. As well as Kmart for the games. I don't really buy movies, so I don't go anywhere for that. As for music, I have a Zune Pass that allows me to download as much music as I want and I get to keep ten songs every month. So, most of my music is obtained through them and Amazon takes care of the rest.

3. Devamma

DevammaNew Member

Threads:
    I generally go to Best Buy, but lately I've been going to Target and Wal-mart. They have the same number of DVDs, including the newest ones, at heavily discounted prices.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Buy?

pirate_poker_face_by_dingernalt-d4v4yt4.

I never buy DVDs but I do buy albums from my favorite bands in physical stores. There's nothing like anxiously waiting for a new album to come out!

5. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    My games are bought on steam and origin, unless it's a console game, those are bought at a local game shop. I watch movies at the theater, going to watch dark knight rises in a few days, i hope :p

6. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Wal-Mart (Canada) is the best place to go for me. If I ever want to buy movie... which I usually don't.

They will usually have whatever you are looking for, and it will usually be on sale! There are bulk specials usually too, you can never go wrong with heading to Wal-Mart to get your movie fix!

7. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I buy around nintey percent of my movies and games from walmart. Sometimes if I'm looking for an old game or a cheap one, I'll get one from gamestop. I also sometimes get movies from gamestop (I don't know if this is a feature of all the stores but the gamestop where I live sells used movies). I also occasionally buy movies online. Haven't done that for a game yet.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy from Amazon. I don't really buy albums anymore, but I do buy a lot of singles for only $.99 on Amazon. I get a lot of free gift cards for Amazon so it's like getting free music and entertainment. Some DVDs are around $3 when you buy from the Marketplace and if you sign up for their Prime plan you get free shipping so it's worth it.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Add me to the list of people who buy all their entertainment on Amazon. I've gotten some really cheap games and movies by buying used or waiting for price drops on Amazon.

10. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I was buying movies at the Redbox kiosks (do they still do that?) Now I get them at Big Lots because they have a $3 rack that has great movies, granted they aren't new releases but they are still good. I buy from Walmart if I really want a new release, but I very rarely buy

11. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm just like you in regards to movies and music. I also shop at Amazon.com almost exclusively for this stuff. Most of the time, I'll purchase a digital download instead of the physical copy, though. The same goes for books. As for video games, I'll sometimes buy them on Amazon but I'm more likely to head to Gamestop to get a used one. I've always had great experiences with their used games. The fact that I can trade in old games I don't play anymore against the price of the game I'm purchasing is also a plus.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Movies: HMV or Amazon
    Music: Amazon, but I haven't purchased music in such a long time
    Games: I don't play games, but I do play backgammon, mah jong and chess, and it's free online

When it comes to movies and music, if they're cheaper used then I'll buy it used.

13. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I like to rent movies from the internet. It is much cheaper than buying the movie and much more easier than actually going to the store. I would suggest using iTunes or the amazon digital store those are the best places to buy movies digitally.

14. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Why buy when you can get things for free from friends and other certain ways? I don't see the point of wasting my money on some "meh" movie unless I REALLY like it. Then I just get the said movie and keep it in a collection.

15. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    When I am feeling like I am in the music mode, I typically buy my music at FYE or I download it to my ipod from itunes. It really depends on how I'm feeling that day and what music I want to listen to. I like all the kinds of music, it could be pop, country, or rock music all depends on what mood I'm in. If I am listening to pop music, that means I am usually happy or go lucky that day. When I am listening I am in my business mode to where I am trying to get things done. Country music is when I am feeling goofy or fun-loving.

16. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I download them from online torrent sites since most of the stuff I want can be easily downloaded with the right use of search engines. A quick search from Google can do wonders for me and sometimes I stumble on some material that I never knew existed. :)

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since our location is just walking distance away from the nearest mall, I just go there to buy audio cd's or movie dvd's. Before, I would purchase audio cd's even if they're not on sale, but now, since mp3's have become very popular, I just purchase cd's and dvd's when they're on sale.

#17Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  18. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I am a 'me too' on this one. When I buy music CDs, and these days that is sort of rare, it is Amazon and Wal-Mart. And I guess it is the same answer for DVDs. Yeah I have picked up DVDs at Wal-Mart for as little as $5. If I am specifically looking for a title, most likely Amazon. I used to be a regular visitor to book stores and for that matter music stores. Times change.
    For me BTW it is Amazon.ca, Canadian.
    Ryder13

19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely ever buy games, but I get most of my movies at places like Big Lots or online from Amazon. I've joined those mail order clubs before as well where you get several free or for really cheap and then have to buy a certain amount at the club price over a 1 or 2 year period. You can sometimes find movies at thrift stores and pawn shops as well. Music CDs I mostly get online.

20. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I actually stopped buying all three of those things due to my limited budget. But I borrow films & cds from the library all the time. The selection has really improved drastically over the past few years. I also have access to a pretty good cable package & Netflix.