Where do you buy your supplements?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Randomhero • Mar 31, 2012.

1. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I usually get my stuff from Bodybuilding.com because its cheaper then most other places. Also they tend to throw in free samples whenever you order stuff. If you spend over 75$ you can get a free t shirt if you choose that. Thats what I did last time :)

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't buy supplements - I actually think they're a waste of money, unless you have absorption problems, a health condition that requires supplements, or you're an athlete and need supplements as part of your training. If you eat a varied diet, you should get all the nutrients your body needs from your food, and the body can use vitamins from food more effectively than synthesised vitamins.

3. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I need supplements sometimes because of some health problems I have, whenever I need them though I'll usually just buy them from a supermarket when I do my regular shopping for the week. Easy enough and most big shops stock the supplements I need which is a big bonus, too. :)

4. KingB

KingBNew Member

Threads:
    I also go to bodybuilding.com because I think it's the cheapest and best. It has a very high amount of supplements to chose from and like you said they give free samples. I think it's the best

5. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    I usually go to my local supplement shop. They have a lot of different varieties for cheap!
    I'll check out the ones at bodybuilding.com, I'm all in for free samples!

6. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    I used to order from Vitacost.com but I don't like their spotty customer service. I have ordered from iHerb.com in the past with no issues. Sometimes I resort to eBay if I find something at a great value. Otherwise I go to Vitamin Shoppe if I didn't order online in time.

7. brandontnguyen

brandontnguyenNew Member

Threads:
    I usually go to local vitamin stores just because I like getting nutrition facts straight from people there. Although I will probably give bodybuilding.com a try now, since you mention free samples

8. Stitches

StitchesNew Member

Threads:
    I go to Vitamin Shoppe. I find that its the cheapest real-life supplement store and its prices are generally in the area if not the same as BodyBuilding.com's prices are. A 2lb tub of ON Whey is $24 there, whereas GNC (ripoff might I say?) is $36.

9. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    When ever I am in the mood for that I will head to my nearest GNC. There are 2 of them that are in my immediate area. I don't really use supplements anymore though. I used to a lot when I was in h.s. Track and CC, but now it just seems like a unneccessary waste of time...imo.

10. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    I buy my supplements from a local store where a few friends of mine work. They hook me up everytime I go there so expensive supplements aren't that big of a problem for me haha.

11. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I usually just go to Wal-Mart, since there are no supplement stores in my area...
    Wal-Mart has great supplements at great prices.
    Though, if there was a supplement store near me, I'd probably shop there.

12. Stitches

StitchesNew Member

Threads:
    What supplements do you get from Walmart? When I go there they usually only have Whey Protein powder, bars and the usual vitamin specific pills. They don't seem to have any per-workouts, creatine e.t.c.

Plus, their protein powder (the BodyFortress) tastes very bland....

13. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I buy my supplements at Walmart. It is pretty convenient for me just to buy them at Walmart when I do all of my other shopping. I pay less gas money by doing everything at one store. They also seem to be pretty reasonable.

14. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I try to find the cheapest online store with the lowest shipping costs. This sites store has pretty good prices, and ebay. I have found some awesome deals on ebay, especially for myoplex products. I also shop at a local store by us that sells supplements,it's not a chain or anything. I got to know the owner there and I even get a 15% discount and that really helps.

15. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    If you mean supplements as in vitamins, then our local drug stores all have them. The nearest one is just a block away.

16. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    I highly recommend bodybuilding.com they have always had lower prices than what I have come across and I trust them. NEVER use GNC. They will rip you off with high prices and blow smoke up your butt in hopes you walk out the door with way more stuff than you need.

17. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I usually buy them from GNC, because you can get a discount if you have a membership. I should check out the website that was mentioned by a previous poster though, if it's that much cheaper it would definitely be worth it to order online.

18. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I watch for Bogo sales on vitamins. Walgreens is having one now. I also buy them at Sam's club. I get the store brand.

19. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    My husband gets them at bodybuilding.com and he gets me multivitamins when he orders stuff and I really like them. I want to start taking coconut oil capsules and will probably have him look if they have any. Otherwise I like swansonvitamins.com

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to check out bodybuilding.com I usually get my supplements at the local health food store. I don't take many supplements though.