Where do you buy your supplements?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Randomhero • Mar 31, 2012.

1. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I will just go to GNC whenever i need stuff and buy it from there I feel like they have great prices and you don't have to wait for them to deliver stuff they have so much in stock.

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy them from Puritan Pride because they had a lot of buy-1-get-2-free deals. But their selection of supplements are limited. I do most of my supplement shopping now with vitacost, but I agree that their customer service is terrible. Maybe I'll check out Bodybuilding.com, since a few of you like it.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I find GNC to be quite expensive and always kick myself when I get something from there because I'm too impatient to wait, only to come home, go online to viacost or another supplement site and see they sell it for way less (usually anywhere from $10-$15 less). If you don't want to wait, order online when you know you only have a week of so more of the supplement you need to replace. Usually when I order supplements online, they deliver quickly, within a day or two.

#23Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I live in the UK and usually get most of my supplements from Holland and Barrett. However, since I am quite impressed by Solgar products, I occasionally get this off the net if I can find them cheaper than the RRP.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    We buy our supplements from a health store. There are two that we go to. The one brand that I really love is called Real. It is pretty pricey but the quality is extraordinary. I do not take it daily, just when I need a boost. I try to get the majority of nutrients from my diet but that is not always possible...so we supplement.

6. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    Lately I've bought from iherb.com. They have a referral program where new customers can get $5 off their first order (code used was eki823). It's more an herbalist/natural living shop than a supplement store. I'm researching some vegan protein and will most like purchase from them. I buy my multi-vitamins, essential oils, and other things from there. They have a lot of products that would be at Whole Foods, but for a fraction of the price.

7. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    When I shop for supplements, there are a few requisites the site must have to keep me as a customer. Prices, of course, are paramount, then customer service and fair shipping prices or free shipping if possible. With this in mind the places I go to for all my vitamin and supplements are vitacost, iherb, and Amazon. You can't go wrong with any of these. They do have varying prices, but one of them will have the best price for the product you are looking for.

8. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like to get mine from discount catalog order Puritan's pride or from Walmart or Target. I really like Puritan's Pride because they often have specials like buy one get two free items.

9. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I buy all of my supplements through Shaklee. My demonstrator takes care of all of the shipping for me. I am a member of Shaklee so the price to purchase all of my vitamins are cheaper. My demonstrator was able to waive the membership fee so that I am able to purchase all of my supplements at a lower rate. I have found that these supplements through Shaklee are absorbed better than supermarket supplements. I would recommend Shaklee for all of your supplements.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I buy most my things at drugstore.com, they are they have almost anything you need. And the shipping is great and fast.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy my supplements from Discountsupplements but they started to increase their prices and the quality of the products went down. I have been using MyProtein for a few years now. They are the market leader for online supplements in the UK. Their prices are the best on the market and the quality of the supplements is good too.

12. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my vitamins from NDC (Nutrition Discount Center). There is only two in our state, luckily one of them is right down the road from me. The only thing I get are multi-vitamins. My husband gets all sorts of different supplements. The prices at NDC aren't bad and they have a program where if you spend a certain amount, you will get a big stock of free items. We always save our points for the biggest discount. I usually do not get supplements at Target or Walgreens, because I am not keen on the brand. A lot of the off brand and cheaper vitamins really do not work for me.

13. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not, I usually find what I need at walmart. I have also been known to make some purchases from Amazon as well. Dr Oz said as long as they come in very dark packaging, (I guess sunlight can be damaging) its all good.

14. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase my supplements and vitamins from Purtain's Pride, which carries just about everything anyone would ever need. P;us the shipping cost is inexpensive and they have specials where you are able to buy two abd get three more free, which is a big savings, I find. I have been buying from them for years.

(Thanks for the greeting guys, very nice of you.)

15. Adam

AdamNew Member

Threads:
    I always go with bodybuilding.com because of their great prices and deals you could get if you buy in bulk. If you google search it you could also find a lot of coupon codes you could use to get 10% off on your order.

16. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my supplements from a company called Shaklee. They are higher priced, I do admit. However, they have all natural products. They have over 10 years of research and scientific tests and backings on all their supplements.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Shaklee supplements. Are they organic as well? You don't need to pay a lot more for natural ingredients. Whey protein, for example, is a natural product and if you buy the unflavoured version there will be no added ingredients. Unflavoured whey is actually cheaper and it is all natural. That is what I have been using for years.

18. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    I have searched online for many places that sell supps and I've found Myprotein, Pro10 and PowerMyself are really good because you can find discount codes which hack lots of weight off the prices especially if you buy in bulk. Bodybuilding.com probably isn't as cheap as these sites because it's very mainstream, but worse than that is buying supps in stores because they often cost more and can't have their prices reduced by discount codes.

19. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    I go to GNC. Their gold card allows you to get points and members prices on supplements. GNC also has stores all over and a great online site if your local store is out of something you want. Shipping is fast and they have always been very helpful if I have a problem.

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    MyProtein have almost constant offers if you sign up to their newsletter they will keep you updated. In the past few weeks there have been multiple offers, the best offer is the mystery gift which can be up to 25% off your order.