Where Do You Do Back To School Shopping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by cards538 • Jul 11, 2012.

1. cards538

cards538New Member

Threads:
    I usually do my back to school shopping at Staples because they almost always have everything I need and at a pretty good price too! I also go to Kroger's and Target sometimes, depending on what deals they are advertising. The stuff I get at Staples usually holds up pretty well too! Remember to get plastic- covered notebooks and binders that aren't too cheap and weak- you'll end up having to buy another because they fall apart due to all the wear and tear of a typical school year.

2. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm, we have a Staples here in the UK and I never thought to use them before - thanks for the tip! I usually buy my kid's stuff from ASDA (like Wal-Mart), they usually have a good choice and it is all reasonably priced. I do find that I have to replace much of it though, so maybe in this case I am getting what I pay for!! :/

3. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I don't have to buy kids supplies so much (I do supply a friend's child with supplies when I think mom can't) but I do get my own supplies thanks to my desire to punish myself with more school LOL I have found that Big Lots, Dollar General and even the dollar store have everything that I need at the most reasonable prices. Big Lots has their back to school section set up and it looks like they have an even bigger selection this year.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Walmart, Krogers, and Dollar General. All three tend to have some really good deals at various points, and then Dollar General just has staple items cheap yearround, so I can fill the gaps there. I really like stocking up on the crazy price cuts from Krogers especially because they sell some things for ridiculously cheap.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes I buy at Kohl's and I often get a really good deal shortly before school. For other supplies I shop at Walmart usually because I don't need a lot of things for the kids yet besides crayons, pencils, bookbags, notebooks and a couple other odds and ends. Walmart (as much as they are not my favorite store) usually has all of these supplies on sale for real cheap before school. Shoes I go shopping and compare the prices since I want something that is durable and yet affordable :)

6. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart...I like that they have most of what I need right there in the front, it's generally cheap and they ALWAYS stock the classroom lists for each of the school districts in my area, so it;s like a one stop shop. I love it when its easy like that. Otherwise, it's Target and Kroger.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We go to Target to bet the kids supplies. It's closer than Wal-Mart.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    JC Penney's often has good clothes sales right before school, too. I don't usually shop there for clothing because they can be kind of expensive, but their sales then are decent and you can stock up. As in, generally, the more you buy, the more discounts you get (so another at the $75 mark, for example, after already getting discounts).

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    My kid just turned 6 so it's his first year in school. I have bought all his stuff in Continente because I have their card that gives me discounts and they also send me coupons home for extra discounts. All discounts summed up I can save 20 to 30% of my money if I would do my shopping elsewhere.

10. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I do my back to school shopping where ever I see has a sale. Usually it’s Staples or Wal Mart, but this year (and the last) I didn't do any back to school shopping. My family and I stocked up on papers from Staples 2 years ago; they were 15 cents per pack, with about 200 sheets of Hilroy papers, so we bought a mountain load and we still have a lot. We usually stock up on things that are cheap so we don't have to purchase them later.

11. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I don't have to do the whole back to school shopping thing yet, but I'm pretty sure it would be Kohl's. JcPenney's seems to have great sales as well. For things like paper, folders, pencils, etc.. I would probably go to Walmart. They always seem to be competitively priced.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids won't be going to school until college or university (if they decide to), so not many supplies needed here lol..

13. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    It appears as if that the best place to shop at for stationary would be Walmart. Their prices for notebooks, folder paper, pens and pencils are very competitively priced. The dollar stores would be another good option to buy stationary supplies as well.