Where Do You Do Most Of Your Christmas Shopping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Sep 19, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people have already started shopping for Christmas. Even if you haven't, you can still chime in.

Is there a particular store that you really like for gift shopping? Do you go to tons of different stores or shop online?

If you have a favorite store for Christmas shopping, which one is it and why?

I actually do a lot of shopping on Amazon for the deals, the convenience, using Smile, and the extra deals and free shipping I get with Prime.

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    We always do our Christmas shopping to a mall near us. I and my wife likes to save some money, but it is better to buy things where it is not too crowded. Plus more people means a chance to bump into a pick pocketer. I would rather be safe than sorry. Today, there are lots of malls provides good prices of things that they sell.

3. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I might start shopping next month since I do not like shopping when it's around November or December. I really do not have a particular store to shop, I just roam around and look for something nice and cheap. I really do not like spending a lot of money even if it's for Christmas gifts.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I always end up buying most of them at the mall. But I always try to buy a few months in advance (or buy after the date is celebrated) because the values are much more attractive.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to any kind of shopping for any occasion, it is the Divisoria mall that we patronize. I sometimes wonder why everything is cheap there, from toys and clothing up to household items. Divisoria is on the edge of Manila that is near the pier. That may be the reason why goods are sold cheap whether imported or local. But for a caveat, be discerning when buying because there are so many fake items especially with electronic gadgets and electrical items.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a particular store online that I shop from. We shop offline for our Christmas shopping. We shop at our local grocery shop because all the meals are fresh and in good condition. :D

We have some old Christmas decoration but we can buy new ones at Tuskys Supermarket because there is variety and the deal is good.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I love getting good deals too. That means I can buy more presents. :)

I do enjoy shopping online. It's very convenient. I don't have to shop until I'm exhausted, I can just look around online, comparing prices, reading reviews, at my leisure. I love having things delivered right to my door.

We do a lot of Christmas shopping on Amazon, since we have Prime. There are not only Prime exclusive deals, but the quick and "free" shipping comes in quite handy too.

8. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    When I'm broke - nowhere. :D I make everyone their own personal Christmas cake and that's all I can do when I just don't have the cash to buy everyone presents. But this year I plan on getting everyone a gift card, I'm thinking you can't go wrong with a McDonald's gift card or maybe even one from 7-Eleven. But maybe one day if I have enough money to actually buy gifts for all my family members, I would choose Meijer or Walmart. BEST prices, both places. I prefer Meijer (just a little) over Walmart.

9. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to visit the shopping mall some miles away from home whenever I shop our Christmas clothes and other items, but since I was transferred to a new working place, it has not been easy for me to keep up with that and that's the reason I've decided to be shopping at the store close to my office. I must confess that I've been surprised by the cheaper prices I get items from this new store coupled with the fact that they sell quality products as well.

@thisnthat@thisnthat I agree with you that shopping online can be less stressful, but with the way things are going in my area, I don't think I'm going to shop online. Last time I got some jeans from an online store, it ended up not being the size I ordered and these are things that discourage me from shopping on the internet.

#9Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  10. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not, I do shopping very early for Christmas gift. By the month of January, August, and October there are huge sales in the mall here in my place and they almost offer 50 % to 70% discount. I usually buy a gift in that month since I really hate rush shopping. I see to it that by November, I'm 80% done with my shopping. I don't shop online I have bad experience shopping online.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think the mall ends up being the most interesting place because the stores usually make great deals during that time (which is something great for our financial health, haha).

12. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of bazaars are actually opening when Christmas season arrives and most if not all of the items they sell are really cheap and pocket friendly. It's one way I usually get my stuff for Christmas and at times I do my things at a nearby shopping center here especially when there are great offers available.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually go to supermarkets for Christmas gifts because I like giving food for Christmas gifts. But I recently found a 1 g of sugar fruit cake at Miles Kimball so I might get this for Christmas too. I love moist fruit cake and everyone raves about this moist, 1 g of sugar fruit cake, and for 16 oz. it's 19.99 :confused:plus shipping and handling. Well, it's Christmas, so I just might indulge myself.:p

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am slowly making that transition to where most of the things are online now, and that also means making them quite a bit earlier too. Although I am still always subject to last minute shopping no matter how much I plan ahead.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do my christmas shopping in different stores. If I plan to go to a certain store sometimes I will find discounts on things I know my family will like I will buy them then and there even if it's too early in the year. I collect presents throughout the entire year especially when they are discounted.

16. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I never do Christmas shopping online. I usually do it in any shopping mall around, that sells items cheaply. I have already started shopping, since I don't want issues of last minute rush.

17. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I tried shopping online for Christmas decorations but I am disappointed doing that.The items that they delivered were very small and will not fit to my other decorations at home. I just kept those item on the cabinet for maybe future use. I then go to the nearest shopping mall to buy decorations that I can hand pick. I thing when it comes to Christmas decoration it will be better if you can browse it personally so you can physically check if it is the right size and color for your existing decorations at home.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a particular favorite store, I shop where it is nearest and most convenient, especially since I don't have a car. I might try Lazada though, but just for small purchases.

#18Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I do most of my Christmas shopping from the biggest chain of malls in my country as they usually offer the widest choices and lowest prices at the most convenient locations. Some branches are bigger than the others so we'd often go to the biggest one a little farther away from our place.

While I've been doing some advance shopping during off season sales, Christmas shopping has been traditionally a family thing for me and something that my son looks forward to every year. He's usually not excited to go around the malls on other occasions but during Christmas, his legs get energetic as he goes about the toys section. I don't think he'll get the same excitement if we do the shopping online.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    This year I did nearly all mine online at Amazon. I did order one item from a Canadian site but it never arrived so I am in the process of trying to get a refund. Thankfully good old Amazon Prime helped me out there and I should get a similar product from them today. The only products I bought in local stores this year were stocking fillers for my granddaughter so I'm glad to say my Christmas shopping this time was quite stress free.