Where do you draw the line with couponing?

Discussion in Coupons started by RomanAnthonysMama • Sep 15, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I'm always open to using coupons for products that I buy on a regular basis anyways, or even if it's a special treat that we normally wouldn't have money for. However, I've noticed that a lot of my friends who coupon end up buying things that they wouldn't normally buy just to save a buck. For instance, they may find an awesome deal on frozen TV dinners, but their family hardly ever eats them. What's the point in getting it if you're not going to use it, unless you get it for free? Even if you get an awesome deal, it's still money spent on something you may not use. Where do you draw the line on what products you will buy with coupons? Does it have to be something you know that you will use? Or that you know someone else close to you could use?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use coupons on things I don't normally buy and I don't do the whole buy 3 save a dollar either those are my lines.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would use a coupon to try a new product, but I wouldn't use a coupon on something that I know my family doesn't like. My daughter and I don't like Manwich at all, so even if a coupon made it basically free, I wouldn't buy it. I also don't use those coupons where you have to jump through hoops and buy several products and circle them on your receipt and mail in the receipt to get a rebate.
    That's too specific and too much extra work.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually draw the line at couponing itself lol. I've never used one. I doubt I'd find one worth using anyway. Maybe when farmers start offering them lol. I'm also canadian, where I've noticed in the past, we have waaaaay less options than Americans when it comes to deals. as far as I can tell, couponing is a joke here, but maybe things have changed.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I actually love using coupons, because it means that I'm able to get more for my money, or even save some if I don't have anything else that I need to buy. I draw the line when it's something that I don't actually need, though. For example if it was an offer on a food that I didn't like I would never buy it just because of the fact that it was cheap. I know a lot of people who buy things that they don't need, and I genuinely don't see the point of doing that because it will never get used and it is therefore wasteful.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use coupons that much anymore. I think they are most beneficial for people who have families and can benefit from stocking up on things. The best way to use coupons for your own benefit is when buying things that are on sale at the grocery or drug store. I buy a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and there just aren't any coupons for those.

7. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of using coupons to save money on things that I need to buy too. I would stock up on things that I would necessarily use if I plan on give some of that stuff away to other people who are in need of them. If I can't use it, I know of a lot of other people who will. I also would also wish that there was some way to get coupons on fresh fruits and vegetables, but I still know how to buy fresh fruits and vegetables (even organic ones) for a reasonable price by joining a co-op or buying a sharing a community supported agriculture (CSA) group or even buying directly from a farmer.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The only time i really did couponing was when my near supermarket was having a thing where you would bring your last purchases receipt, and they whole discount you 20% off the total for the next thing.

9. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I love couponing but there is a limit for me as well. I notice that online coupons are harder to get for example. They want you to like their facebook page to get a coupon that may or may not still be available :mad: that inferiorates me. I also hate when they expect you to buy: two gallons of milk, a box of cereal, and a gallon of orange juice to get a free pack of bananas. I also hate those future coupons you get from some clothing stores " We will give you 25 dollars off your next purchase, if you keep this receipt and coupon and shop on the 21st of the next month."