Where do you get e-books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by True2marie • Dec 30, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you get e-books? At your local library? Amazon.com? So far, I have stuck to paper books. I am ready to make a switch, but need more information. ;)

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be honest, I cheat a bit on audiobooks.
    I go to audible.com and they have a free audiobook for new accounts and a 30-day trial (it's a subscription service), I just create a new account every time the trial runs out so I get a free audiobook out of it, I don't do it too often, only when there's something I want to listen to, I've done it maybe 3-4 times.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my ebooks from ebookee, the ones that they give away are legal downloads, while the other site where I download all sorts of ebooks is 4shared.

#3Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I get all my ebooks from amazon , they have great e books on all things, Amazon offer points now so that you can use to download there eBooks everyday they announce new ebooks. I like that they offer an introductions so that you can read before you purchase.

5. foxcarloans

foxcarloansNew Member

Threads:
    there ebooks on ebay also

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I prefer older books [written before 1980], I always find these free books on sites such as

and

. If I can't find a book on either of these two sites then I uh. . .well can look around elsewhere.

7. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have used ebookee too, I think it's a good site with quite a lot available to download free. In all honesty I don't use that many ebooks, certainly not enough to warrant buying a kindle yet. I wasn't even aware you could get ebooks at the library. I always prefer a paper copy if I can get one anyway.

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly get e-books from Barnes and Noble because I have a Nook, which it's the only online e-book store I can purchase e-books from unless the e-books are DRM free. I think Barnes and Noble is quite on the expensive side because most of the e-books are the same price as the hardcover version of the books. I read a lot, which I often read 5 to 6 books every two weeks.

9. bigboss25

bigboss25New Member

Threads:
    I like to get my e books from Amazon because it is a very reputable site and I trust them with my credit card information.

When you purchase an Amazon e book, you will get your book delivered to your computer through the free kindle reader instantly.

I used to only buy paper books because I wanted to always have a physical copy because I didn't trust computers that much.

I though if my computer ever crashed and deleted all of my files, then my books would be erased. Now I am to the point to where every time I want a book, I always get an e book.

Trust me, you are going to love e books because of their fast delivery straight to your kindle reader.

Another good thing about e books is that they are cheap which is another great benefit.

Amazon provides their account holders with a free kindle reader, which can be downloaded from their site. This allows users to read the e books that they purchased from their computers.

#9Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014