Where do you get your health news from?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Esperahol • Aug 17, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's important to understand the particular biases and shortcomings of any particular news outlet. This is especially true if you're going to let that particular outlet affect your health decisions. Poor coverage can lead to altered and unbalanced understandings of things like vaccines or the actual health benefits from things like unpasteurized milk. As such I'd love to know where you get your health news from and why you actually trust it? Thanks!

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I get my health news for Yahoo, but I honestly only subscribe to it more for entertainment than education because I feel as though some of their articles are just fluff pieces and should be taken with a grain of salt. The reason I think so is because whenever I scroll down to see their comments section there are always people disputing their articles and most even get mad that such things can be written for a big brand like theirs, which is actually funny and creative so it adds even more to the entertainment value.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Most of our Health News comes from a site called, 'Mind Body Green' (

) They do accept content from outside writers, so as with everything, you must make sure to do additional research before you begin using any of their tips on health and nutrition. But as a whole we have found everything they have presented to be up to date, factual, and beneficial for our general health and fitness. If you sign up, they send daily updates right to your inbox, but I believe they also have set up with Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. So whatever way you prefer to access your Health News you can find with them.

4. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I get my health news from a number of different sites (about five or six of them). I opted not to rely on just one site along. The coverage of health news I find is very misleading. So I have had to do my own investigation into any new news that has come about. Because health news often-times is media driven, when it s reported on the real information is not given in its proper context. So people get the wrong impression and as such make bad decisions.