Where Do You Get Your Movie Recommendations?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Sep 23, 2014.

1. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    If i want to watch movies but no idea where to start, I'd normally just get help from google. After i got some idea what to watch i'd look them up on IMDB first and check the rating. If it's below 5.4 then i won't watch it. Lol

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just go to IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes and read the reviews of the movie. But most of the time, I just watch a movie based on it's plot. I don't rely on other's recommendations.

3. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly from IMDB and from word of mouth. I also get a glimpse of trailers occasionally whenever I watch some youtube videos and that also contributes as additional recommendations for me. I also do quick Google searches about the top movies during the quarter or during the month and see if there's any movie that pique my interest. If I'm lucky enough, I'll find one or two that fits to my liking, I download them from Netflix or I grab a copy from one of my friends who are movie maniacs.

4. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Rotten Tomatoes is my main source of movie recommendations. If the consensus say it's worth watching, then I'll give it a try.

IMDB is more of a secondary source, but I use it more to find about little curiosities about movies and TV series, not to know about new movies.

My friends' recommendation is once another source, and that one is the one I use the least. Most of the time the movies they like...aren't stuff I like. It's something we don't really understand how.