Where do you go to get fitness equipment?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 10, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    So fitness equipment is pretty much the same no matter where you buy it. Dumbbells come to mind when I say this. It doesn't matter where I get them as long as they are sturdy and serve the purpose. As a result, I can go to the cheapest place to get them. Other equipment is not so universal and quality can vary significantly from place to place and brand to brand.

When one is searching for a piece of exercise equipment, there are several places to look. Specialized fitness equipment stores usually carry a variety of makes and models with all of the bells and Whistles but they can be expensive. Big box stores carry equipment but their selection is limited and the quality is sometimes suspect. Some equipment can be bought "as seen on TV" but you really don't know if it is quality or even functional. Craigslist and other buy and sell ads are another source for equipment - the quality and price may vary but it is often cheaper than buying new.

When you are shopping to fitness equipment, how do you narrow down the options and where do you prefer to buy?