Where do you have breakfast?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • Apr 8, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and some of us choose to eat breakfast out. Not only breakfast eaten out is not as healthy, but at the end of the month is also a big expense. How many of you have the breakfast out of you home? Why do you do it?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't know anyone that had breakfast in any other place than their home. Or so they say :eek: Having dinner out is one thing, but breakfast? Not only is expensive and like you say, adds immensely to your spending, but we should try eating healthy at least once in the day, especially in the morning. And since it seems you asked, for breakfast we have some toast with butter and honey plus a nice glass of milk or tea. As a couple we find this way of having breakfast so much better than eating out.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I have quite a few colleagues that arrive to work, put their stuff in their desk and off they go to have breakfast. LOL. They take a good thirty minutes of working time to have their breakfast at the cafeteria, so it's a good deal for them probably, they pay for the breakfast, but they are being paid while having it! :D

4. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    I'm always eating breakfast at home. Nice bit of cereal and milk every morning for me thanks. I personally don't really like much else for breakfast, as it feels a bit wrong to me after eating cereal my entire life. Occasionally when I'm out and about I might have a croissant or something, but that's about it really. Maybe some fruit every now and then if I'm late for class and I have to run in.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I always eat breakfast at home, I don't do breakfast anywhere else, it's either breakfast at home or no breakfast at all. And if I'm in a rush, I just grab a quick coffee and just head out to work. I don't like eating breakfast on public places and fast foods, I don't know man, I mean breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I son't want to spoil it by eating flour and salt made to look like eggs and pancakes.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I almost always cook my breakfast at home. I enjoy doing it in the morning, as it helps me wake up in the process. Plus I don't feel so bad for eating it because I can cut back on all the excess oils and fats and salt, as well as processed ingredients. I can't stand those processed sausage patties they use at fast food joints, they're all filler and MSG in them, not to mention tons of salt. Same goes for their hash browns, they are fried in old rancid oil and loaded with fat and salt. Plus they have all sorts of preservatives in them too.

Instead, I will make something like an egg and pepper sandwich for breakfast, with fresh green bell peppers lightly sauteed in olive oil spray, then scrambled with some eggs (I like to season it all with Morton Season All for something a little different). I always keep a loaf of crusty Italian bread that I will toast, and then top it with one of those thin slices of Sargento Provolone cheese (the ones that are only 40 calories). Much healthier than Burger King or McDonalds.

I also like to keep these microwavable Tater Tots on hand for breakfast too. They are packaged in a special type of packaging that browns them and crisps them in the microwave. They cook up really well, and fast. Plus they are a lot healthier too, at only 140 calories for the whole box, and I think in terms of fat they only come in at about 8 grams.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I love the expression cook breakfast tom, it's not a habit in my country to cook breakfast because we eat mainly bread, cereals and milk, nothing really to be cooked. You really give a lot of thought to what you eat, well done, it would be great if we all did something like that.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Breakfast at home is usually fruit and yogurt for me. I don't eat breakfast away from home because of the chemicals added to the food. Bread is not usually eaten at meals by me. I do make fried potatoes and onions every once in awhile for breakfast.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm going out to breakfast it's usually as a group outing. I never eat breakfast alone out at a restaurant. I see no point in paying several dollars for two eggs when I can get 24 raw for the same price. It's more of a social outing thing than it is a way of eating breakfast.

10. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't always eat breakfast but when I do, I cook it at home. A nice serving of scrambled eggs and toasted wheat bread with peanut butter is already enough for me to keep my stomach full for the rest of the morning. I think it is also relatively cheap and I can get all of my required protein, fat, and carbs in one meal. Sometimes, I drink milk and eat banana with it, which makes my breakfast even more complete.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always have breakfast at home, simply because I won't get the food that I have first thing in the morning anywhere else. I like to cook quinoa with apples or pears, flavored with cinnamon and stevia. And my second choice is buckwheat pancakes with tahini and sugar-free jam. Where could I find that in a restaurant? ;-)

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have my breakfast at home, almost every single day. I get up; shower, grab a bite and get working on my online work. Eating breakfast at a cafe is not something I'd want to turn into a habit, not least because it'd be way too expensive!

I consider that a treat, and will go to my favourite coffee house once in a while, maybe for brunch. I have a light breakfast, anyway; a piece of toast with coffee will suffice for me. Or I'll grab a banana or small pot of yogurt. Not really worth going out for first thing, only to come back and work lol

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just have breakfast at home most of the time but I also like going out and buying if I'm too lazy to cook. I especially like McDonald's breakfast but after a while I get tired of it very easily so I mainly just cook at home nowadays. Sometimes I'll just enjoy some leftovers from the previous day which is even better since I only need to heat it up.

14. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Breakfast is my favorite meal and I like variety when possible - granola with almond milk, egg white omelettes, French toast and others. However, there's nothing wrong with the occasional weekend brunch. As a Los Angeles native, I have to say that one of the best breakfast experiences is chicken and waffles at Roscoes.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    It depends where I end up waking the next morning. I usually eat breakfast at home whenever I do nothing out of the ordinary. But when I end up crashing at my friend's house because we went to a party the night before, I eat at food stalls or the local fast food chains near their place.

16. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I eat breakfast at home almost all the time. On those rare occasions where I choose to go out, it is always to a local coffee shop. I used to do it more often, but can't afford that anymore. I do miss being in that atmosphere. There were a lot of regulars and the atmosphere was just so relaxed and community oriented.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have breakfast at work, but even knowing it is an important meal I don't eat all that much. I will have some cookies or biscuits and coffee. That is all I can usually have in the morning. Sometimes people will bring bread, cake or treats and I'll have some, but that is only one a week.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to always eat breakfast at home, but since I don't have a functional kitchen, I've been eating breakfast at Taco Bell. For less than $3, you can get a couple of the value items and feel full ,like you've eaten something substantial.

19. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have breakfast before I leave in the morning. However, I do prefer getting a doughnut, bagel or something from a fast food place. I usually have time too, they are pretty quick. However, I'm trying to lose weight right now, so I can't get stuff like that more than once every week, maybe two.