Where Do You Love To Shop For Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheLovingLeah • Sep 23, 2015.

1. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop my clothes at the mall, especially when there is a sale going on. It is convenient for me because the mall is close by, air-conditioned and there a lot of options to choose from. There are also times when I buy at surplus shops because clothes there are cheap. It is difficult to find sizes and good condition clothes in these surplus shops though, so I always spend a large amount of time choosing in these stores. It depends also on my budget for clothes on a certain month in which stores I will purchase. If I have extra money I buy at branded shops in malls, but still look for sale events to save money. When I am on a tight budget, I go to the thrift stores and make the most out of the money I have.

2. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I shop where I can actually fit into the clothes lol. Plus size stores are kind of rare find it seems like. In my hometown, there is one store called Factory Connection that has plus size clothes that are super attractive and I LOVE their jeans. My favorite jean brand is Amethyst because they last forever it seems like. When I go to the mall, they just opened up Forever 21 with a plus size section, but I was completely disappointed. Their clothes were so bland and what you see on everybody. I couldn't find anything that was remotely that attractive. They have cut off sweaters and I don't see the point of that. Lol. Maurice's is awesome, but expensive. I've only shopped there a couple of times because I didn't want to pay $20+ for a shirt when Factory Connection had shirts for $9 - $15 for the same shirt. Dressbarn and Catos are great options for plus size women who need something more fancy or something to add to their business attire.

3. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala Yeah I always shop at 4 stores for some reason, so my knowledge of other stores is little. Yeah I am in America, we probably do. Yeah T.J Maxx surely was not cheap. But their stuff is cool! Oh no problem, thanks for yours too! Yeah Wish has good stuff, it just comes slow though. I would think that they ship worldwide, but I am not sure. I hope you enjoy shopping there like I do!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheLovingLeah.....I'll be sure to try Wish. I agree, chances are they do ship worldwide, like a lot of American online retailers. Some of the stuff though, looks too good to be true when you look at the price! You say it takes ages to arrive, so that fills me with a little trepidation because if you're in America and they're based in America, it shouldn't take long for your order to arrive. How long on average do you have to wait? I'm all the way in Southern Africa, so I'm a little worried I may have to wait like a month LOL

5. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    I hope they ship to you! They have A LOT of good stuff. I know right? I also thought it was too good to be true. I would guess 2-5 weeks long. I normally forget about the order, and just let it pop up whenever. Oh I would hope you do not have to wait that long jeez. If they ship to you, I would say try something super cheap to see if you like the speed. It is way better for me when I do not think on it.

6. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I primarily purchase clothes at local thrift stores. I love to see how far my money will go at these types of stores. Last Sunday there was a 50% off sale at all of the Goodwill stores near me, which I took advantage of. I purchased a coat, 3 sweaters, a pair of shoes, and two hand bags all in like-new condition (one sweater even still had the tags on it) for less than $20.

When I am not thrift shopping and I am looking for deals on new clothing, I enjoy shopping at New York & Company, specifically for business-casual attire for work. I usually hit the New York & Company outlet at the local outlet mall for deeply discounted clothing items and accessories.

Whenever I am out shopping for new clothing at retail stores, I always check DontPayFull.com for coupons before I check out. I almost always find coupons on this website for stores like Kohl's, JCPenney, and Sears. It's worth the few seconds it takes to pull out my smart phone and search for coupons before checking out.

7. Paulette Carpenter

Paulette CarpenterNew Member

Threads:
    i find a lot of good deals on clothes on Amazon believe it or not. co worker showed me this she shops there almost exclusively for her work clothes

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online, I usually check the gap and old navy's websites and go for the sale section. I make purchases when these stores also have 35% off your entire purchase. You can get t-shirts really cheap, this way. I've gotten jeans for under $20 too. I only go to one actual store to get clothes and it's called Winners which is just like Marshalls. I love the clothes and the prices. You can get great deals on brand names like Columbia, Marmot, Hilfiger etc. When I get the time I like to poke around the outlet mall nearby, but I won't buy unless I know it's a great deal.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks for your response, @TheLovingLeah@TheLovingLeah! It's certainly worth a try. I'll maybe place an order for a couple of things and see how that goes. If I'm happy with the transaction and the quality of the items, then the waiting time will be irrelevant. I love clothes, but like most people, I really don't want to spend too much on them. Well except for a few classic pieces like blazers. Thanks again :)

10. KLovely19

KLovely19New Member

Threads:
    I make a lot of my own clothes but I like buying a few good pieces from Forever 21 and Mandee. They always have cheap but nice clothes and Mandee always have my style dresses so I'm there all the time. They also have a lot of coupons and discounts which is definitely a plus.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    @

, that's fantastic! I wish I at least had the creativity and skill to customise and alter some of the clothes I buy to my specific taste. But sadly, I never paid much attention in my Home Economics class LOL It must really save you a lot of money, and you must have a lot of bespoke pieces that are unique to you. Kudos to you :)

12. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    Yeah that is true! I am the same way, I LOVE me some clothes. But I do not like to spend too much either. Amazon has cool stuff, but the price is pretty up there haha. Oh no problem! I hope your purchases go super well. I have not had a problem with it so far.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    @TheLovingLeah.....I too have had a look at Amazon, and although they do have some lovely stuff, I find the prices can be a little out of my budget LOL I don't mind eBay, but I think the standards over there have slipped, so i don't tend to shop there anymore. That's why I'm now on the lookout for alternatives. So thanks again :) I showed a friend the Wish site and she was blown away and wants to order with me so we can share the shipping costs :)

14. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    I agree they have lovely stuff! But I also agree that the prices are out my budget as well. I found some cool looking pants, but they were like 40 or 60 dollars... I bought two things from Ebay, so far it is alright. Oh no problem! I love to help out when I can. Oh how cool, I really hope it goes well. I got my sister into it too recently, but she does not like the speed as I mention to everyone. I would like to find a online place with low prices, and pretty good speed getting to me. But I have no clue if that is even possible haha. That would be like paradise shopping there.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even know if they have this store in America, but over here in the UK, my favorite place to shop is a department store called primark. The prices are really really great, and you can buy in bulk for good money. On top of that they always have a whole host of all the new and stylish fashions.

16. Lushlala

Threads:

Thanks, TheLovingLeah :) Yea, $40-60 is way too much for me at the moment. But you being in America, I bet you have a lot of fantastic options. I've heard that you guys have a lot of fashion outlets out there, I forget what you guys call them. A friend of mine who has family over there, always comes back with a lot of gorgeous designer gear that she got for cheap in America when she goes for a visit. I really envy you guys.

17. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala You're welcome Lushlala! Yeah it was like a rain cloud over my head when I saw the price. It was SO gorgeous though... Oh I would not know so well about the clothes stores in public. I always do my shopping online. I at first was looking the same as other people, since my clothes came from public places. Everywhere I looked someone had what I was wearing on. It became quite funny though.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to go to New York to shop, as I have heard time and time again from people who have visited and gone there - whether it i friends or relatives - that the prices for clothing over there are very low, and great value for money. Has anyone been there, and is this true? I'd love to get some clothes from new York.

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    Don't worry too much about it, @Leah; because I do believe that one day we'll be able to afford all those expensive, gorgeous clothes. You gotta believe it, it'll happen LOL :)

20. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala Awww thanks Lush! It will be super awesome when we can. There are SO many expensive things I want. The brand MAC has really good stuff. There is too many things to count that I must buy. I have been working on getting more money so I can get it all. I cannot wait for it to happen. It will be soooo exciting!