Where Do You Love To Shop For Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheLovingLeah • Sep 23, 2015.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheLovingLeah...I've always known that Mac is a good brand, but could only ever buy 1 or 2 items from the range. Recently though, I went to the beauty counter and got matched for my makeup. I loved it so much because it was THE perfect fit! My husband urged me to bite the bullet and get it. I got the foundation, concealer, powder, spritzer and face shimmer. It was very expensive but well worth it, plus it lasts. I want to save up and go back for the makeup brushes :)

2. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala
    Yeah it seems pretty expensive MAC does haha. Oh my goodness that sounds amazing! Yeah expensive sometimes is good to get for best quality. I am glad it was worth it, I am sure it looks amazing. I remember how I used to have the wrong color of makeup on. It was either too light on my face, or too dark for my face. It took a bit to find something of my color. BUT now I think I am allergic to it, so I got to find something else for makeup... Yeah I am due for some makeup brushes as well. I accidentally wasted some liquid makeup on them. It turned my pretty pink brushes brownish color grr. Luckily they did not cost much; I should probably stay away from expensive things since I am so clumsy.

3. Lushlala

Threads:
    Aww TheLovingLeah, your skin looks gorgeous anyway! If I had gorgeous skin like you, I'd stick to maybe a little BB cream/tinted moisturiser and a little powder. You definitely don't need the whole shebang like some of us do LOL

Sorry to hear about your brushes....that's a bummer!

-and yes, before Mac, my husband would complain that my makeup was off, that it was too dark. Ever since I swapped over to Mac, the compliments just keep coming, with some people even thinking I've done much more than simply change makeup brands. My complexion's a lot brighter and more uniform.

4. benzu514

benzu514New Member

Threads:
    I love buying at Macy's, H&M, Express, Zara and Forever 21.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    I wish I could have access to Macy's because I've looked at their website and seen some nice but reasonably priced stuff on there. I love H&M and Zara, but not so much Forever21. Forever21 is very reasonably priced, maybe even cheap, but that's also reflected in the quality. I'd put it on the same level as Primark, which can be very hit and miss too. I personally think those two are ok for casual clothes, and nothing of value.

6. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    Awww thank you! Yeah I do not do so much to my face. I would like to try other things though. It sounds like fuuuun. I know right? I have to get some new ones probably. I am sure your skin is gorgeous either way! Oh my goodness I need to try some MAC then. I just hope it is not 30 dollars for a tiny bottle though. Those tiny bottles can sure make me unhappy haha. They look big on their pictures, and then it is small when I get it. I am always like "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!" :eek: Then it's gone away quick.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping at charity shops, because I always tend to find that I am able to get things that fit me well, and that I will enjoy wearing. Certainly it is much cheaper than trying to buy things full price, and as long as all of the clothes are in good condition I don't think that there is anything wrong with having them when somebody else has worn them before you.

8. Lushlala

Threads:
    My haul cost me the equivalent of about $100, and yes some of the stuff like the concealer is very small. But it really does last! I reckon it lasts about 2-3 months, depending of course on how much you apply. Go right ahead and spoil yourself, you'll love it I'm sure :)

9. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    Oh my goodness a haul sounds fun! My family always complains about my cosmetic wanting habits haha. I still have some concealer left I think. I really love that stuff. I try not to use too much. I should not have bought the one with shades that do not match my face. Yeah it sounds great to try MAC.

10. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I love to shop online. My favorite online store is clothingunder10.com I love that I can find cute jeans and tops at a great price. I also love that shipping isn't that expensive. There are many other stores that I like but that's my first choice because I can always find something that I like at a great price.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite place to shop for clothes is the Thrift store, it may require me to hunt around for that special piece which is why I like to shop there. It also gives my the chance to have my own style. I like to refashion items I get from the Thrift store if I find some really nice fabric but the size or style is not right.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a fixed store in mind. In fact, my choice of shopping center ultimately depends on my mood or latest style preference. I love shopping at the department store, though, instead of individual boutiques because I get to choose from a wide range of collections and not just a few. Also, you can save more when you shop at the department store. Boutiques have higher markup prices.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    @TheLovingLeah....You'll probably need less stuff than me, in all fairness. I'd say maybe just the concealer and powder as you don't have a lot of 'sins' to hide hehe It sounds like you're in the same position as me, because my husband thinks I have waaay too many cosmetic products for one woman. What he doesn't understand is that I have nowhere near as much as some women out there!

14. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    Yeah I just need to cover up my dark marks on my face. So far I have been trying out liquid makeup. Yeah I do not either haha. I would LOVE to have more cosmetics though. I need to work on clothes and accessories though actually. I seen this spray on makeup come on TV that hides almost everything. I wonder if that would be alright to use without getting it in my eye...

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    I would never have guessed you had any dark marks, @TheLovingLeah! Nothing that a little concealer and powder can't sort out hehe But what's this spray on stuff you saw, I'm intrigued! Did you actually catch the name of it?

16. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Im a fan of old navy and gap. They have great sales and a lot of times the outlet store at gap offers coupons for an additional percentage off. B

I also am a fan of Marshall's and Tjmaxx. I think the quality of clothing is unbeatable for the prices. I also find thrill in searching through the racks for my finds. I like how the store changes its inventory all the time. Therefore you know not a lot of people will have the same piece.

17. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of Wish before but I will definitely check it out. Personally I shop a lot at stores like Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Burlington. Catch the trend there? Lol. It sometimes takes some digging through but I have found some great pieces at all these places so I continue to shop there.

18. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    Yeah I have wanted them gone for the longest. But until I can find something to get rid of it, I use concealer on it. I need to go back to using powder. Yeah it was really cool! It covered up a lot of things. I did write the name of it down for sure, I just have to find it. Once I find it I will definitely tell you the name.

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    I do hope you find something, @TheLovingLeah! It can be such a nightmare getting rid of those dark marks! It took me forever, and although there are still some that refuse to go, my skin is much better. That I can live with, with the help of a little concealer hehe We all gotta do what we gotta do, right?

20. TheLovingLeah

Threads:
    I know right? I have tried a couple of things trying to get rid of them. I wrote down some other things to try to get rid of them. I too have some that refuse to leave too. Yeah concealer is beautifuls. Until I find the right product to remove them, my dark marks will be test subjects. That is so right haha.