Where Do You Purchase Your Perfumes Online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by gracer • Jul 26, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

When it comes to perfume, I'm very particular with the scent. I don't want it to be too strong and I just want the mild smelling ones. I haven't tried shopping for perfumes online though but I'm considering on trying to buy some in a site I have found. I'm just wondering where you purchase your perfumes from if you shop online. Maybe I could have more ideas on which sites to choose from.

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I get my Burberry Brit from fragrancenet.com. It is a great little discount perfume store. All kinds of good brands at great prices.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really tried to buy perfume online. I tend to buy mine from Boots and department stores like Debenhams. Not that I have anything against buying them online, because I love online shopping. If I were to buy them online, I'd go with my usual suspects, including Boots, Debenhams and Asos; you know, solid, reputable retailers I know I can trust. But because you don't go for the strong scents, maybe you could try the BodyShop. They do their own name scents that are lovely but aren't overpowering, some of which are essential oil based. Plus they have an online presence, if you wanted to order online. The good thing is that they won't break the bank.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Its going to sound cheap, but since this is the Don't Pay in Full Forum, I think its safe to divulge my secret: I buy samples off of Ebay. You can find the most expensive perfumes in bottles as large as 5 ounces, which were used as samples in the stores. Someone resells them. I guess it is a risk that the person could have used a fake, but I have never had one so far. When it comes to Chanel, you can tell which is the imitations. But who can afford the full bottle? And besides, perfumes only last so long. We all remember our older relatives and there dozens of yellowed perfume bottles in the bathroom. Most of us like to change our scents from time to time, so the sample bottle option is ideal. And if there is one you really like for all the time you would have given yourself time to weed through the scents that don't work for you.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends where you live, because I think you have said you said you live in Asia, so some UK and US companies won't post to Asia due to restrictions. Some sites will and others won't, plus the duty would be quite hefty unless they have distribution nearby.

I personally would only buy online from authorized stockists such as department stores, as I used to work in a perfumery and have seen many bogus bottles and they can be dangerous. It's not worth the risk to save money if the fake item gives you a rash or burns your skin. You have no recourse in the law.

6. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Speaking of fake perfumes, I have to honestly say that I don't really know how to determine the fake from the genuine by just looking at the bottles. Most imitations nowadays have really been done well that it's hard to determine which is real and which is not. I sometimes only depend on the price but I know that it's not really the right basis for determining the fake from the original.

7. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to purchasing perfumes and such things, I personally like doing it at local Mall stores and official stores because I think that perfumes are a really personal thing you should pick because you somehow feel identified with the scent you feel attracted to, it's definitely not something I would ever buy online, I would not even know what it smells like and the bottles could also break and whatnot, I just do not like the idea whatsoever.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which site are you talking about? Is it Lazada? I have read some negative reviews on that site. I think to be sure that the perfume that you're getting is genuine, then you should just buy at the mall, but do so on those 3 day sales so that you can get a discount.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    @Casiox@Casiox You do have a good point with regards to bottles breaking during delivery time because of the possibility of improper handling of the package. It would really disappoint me a lot if I ever receive a broken product. This is why I also make sure that there's a return policy whenever I shop online. :)

@sidney@sidney No it's not Lazada. I too have been reading a lot of negative reviews about them and I have also read that they even sometimes sell fake products so I have never really considered looking into them. I found this local site called Great Value Plus which has a variety of products for men, women and even kids. They have perfumes, watches, bags, home accessories, and gadgets. I have read from reviews though that their best products are perfumes and watches. What really attracted me most about the site is their COD payment option so I'm thinking of buying a perfume as gift for my husband this coming month. You should also try checking it out and tell me what you think about it if you do. :)

10. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer Unfortunately, I live in a country where it's hard to return your purchases in case anything happens to it, mostly when you buy from any other country it becomes really difficult, that's why I personally prefer buying my favorite perfume in the local stores, more reliable and it's way better for me, that's my opinion.

#10Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    That's too bad. If that's the case it's really best to just buy from a physical store like what you said. :) I am also kind of cautious when ordering from other countries because of the distance and time it takes for my item to arrive, which will in turn also make it hard for returns to be given to me.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, I just visited the site, but I didn't linger much because I'm just using my phone. They have an Ebay store too, so we can pay via Paypal. If the price of the perfume is way lower than indicated compared to the price on the original manufacturer's site, then for sure it's fake. I bought fake perfumes before and you can tell they are, since they're cheap and they aren't as fragrant.

13. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, buying that kind of stuff online is quite risky, mostly when you do not have too much money and you basically spend it all on a perfume :D

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to shop for perfume at amazon and watch for sales. I love the scent of rose so I search for it and ask for sales too. One other place that has good prices is Amerimark.com. I love the prices at both these sites. Good luck in finding your favs at a good price!

15. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    I absolutely adore Bath and Bodyworks! I'm also particular about my scent, though, and they discontinued my favorite scent quite awhile ago. The scent was cucumber melon. A few months ago, I realized that they still sold the scent online! I bought the scent off of amazon instead of at the actual Bath and Bodyworks website. I was not disappointed! Amazon always has deals and sales, so I would consider looking for scents on there!

16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don't purchase perfumes online. I like to smell first before I buy the perfume. So it is best to buy from the local market than but online.

17. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy perfumes online. I rather smel them and be sure from local stores as I can't stand a too strong or too cool a smell of perfumes. So, I would still stick with my local stores where I try a variety of them before I buy one.

18. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would only purchase perfumes/cologne online after I smell them in store and don't have money to buy it at the moment. Sometimes, catalogs arrive at my home with small strips of perfume odor. I might use that and purchase online as well.