Where do you read?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 14, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Where do you like to read your books? I imagine that for most people it's at home, in your favourite chair or lying down on the couch comfortably. Or maybe even in your bed before sleeping?

For me it's in a park! Especially now that the weather is warm and the sun is shining, I love to go out to the closest park and sit down with a book. In home I always have other distractions so it's hard to read, but in a park it's just me, the sun, some music and a good book. Love it.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like reading in my bed. It's very rare that I decide to read somewhere else, unless I'm travelling. I do enjoy to read in the bus or plane when I'm travelling as well, but as I travel only maybe once every couple of months my bed is the usual choice!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can never concentrate on reading when I'm in public, so I prefer to read privately and in a secluded and quiet area, like in my room. When I'm out, I'm kinda paranoid of the people around me, so I usually pay close attention to my surroundings. So reading is out of the question.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sidney, are you saying you can't read in a library? I like such public places;)

Unlike most of you, I don't like reading while I'm seated. There's something about doing that which reminds of school [and I hated learning, so there]. Because of that I'd rather find myself a nice place to lie on my back and read my book. Anywhere works fine.

5. JuLovo

JuLovoNew Member

Threads:
    Reading in a park sounds nice! I wish I could do that, but once summer hits, your nice, sunny days are hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk where I live. If not that, at least get a sunburn while in the shade.

I used to read in the library whenever I checked out books. But now that I don't visit much and mostly buy books in the store or through Kindle, I enjoy reading in my bed. I like to relax as much as possible while I immerse myself in a good book. Or I'll sit with my dogs in the kitchen (where they stay because of their shedding), so I'll be petting them while I'm reading.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read a book in quite some time actually. I've been caught up with business, school and work. However, there are times when I'm able to make some time for a quick read. This usually happens on my bed before I go to sleep at night. I'm currently reading a book called "Meditations" by a famous Roman Emperor named Marcus Aurelius.

It's one of those personal development books that give me advice on life and how to become a better person.

I believe I read this book at a good peaceful place at a nice certain time.

7. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I read in my bed, laying on my stomach. I used to read on the couch but I could never get comfortable and always ended up doing what I called "reading yoga". I would turn and stretch and flop around trying to find a comfortable pose. Now I read on my bed which is soft, has blankets, and is the perfect temperature. It has the added bonus of being away from other people so I don't get distracted when I try to read which is normally what happens when I read around other people or in front of the TV. It's the perfect spot!

8. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I read in the train, I have an hour-long commute to and from work so it's a great way to pass the time on the trip.
    Other than that, I read in bed before I fall asleep, but there I end up having to read the same page a couple of nights in a row usually :)

9. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I read almost everywhere as long as I have time to spare and adequate light. I have read in the comforts of my home, the couch, bed,
    the office, the park, even the car( not advisable though). I spend most of my reading in my bed before going to sleep, I can't sleep without reading first.
    Yes I'm a certified bookworm.

10. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite place to read is in a nice hot bath tub. No one bothers me when I am in there, well, almost never. I can just lay back and relax and let myself go into the story. However I also keep a book in the car for doctors appointments, waiting in the car lane at school picking my kids up and so forth.

11. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I am at home most of the time so usually i go into the conservatory to read my books out of the way of the hustle and bustle of the rest of the house. I keep my books in my bedroom though. I always take a book with me if I go away.

12. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I read at my computer most of the time. I would prefer reading in bed but my tablet screen gives me a headache. I would like a better e reader, maybe something good for reading in the dark but I don't think that's ever good for your eyes.

13. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I generally read in the summer up at my summer cabin. With no distractions like TV or the internet, it makes the perfect place to read. I don't have to hop up and grab the phone or address emails, I can just sit quietly and read. Solar panels generate enough electricity to run a few lights at night so reading is a great way to spend a little time. I prefer a book as opposed to an e-reader because it doesn't need batteries and is a little easier on my eyes.

14. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I like reading in my bed before I go to sleep because I'm all warm and comfy. My arms get a little tired from holding the book, but I always shift my body to compensate. I also read when I'm on the train going to class, there's usually nothing else to do, so why not? I really hate when I'm reading on the train and then some loud people come and sit right beside me. I know they can't help it, but it's just really annoying. :eek:

15. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    I mostly read on the bus or the train. Sometimes if I arrive somewhere early I'll sit down somewhere and read while I wait instead of just standing around.

I used to read before going to bed, but lately I tend to just stay awake too long using the computer to find the time...

16. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to read, in my bed and in my lounge chair that in my room. I like it to be quite with no noise. I also like to read on my patio underneath a tree.

17. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I was recently reading Robinson Crusoe and since it was a nice day, I decided to take my reading to the beach!
    There was only a handful of people thereand I could read completely undisturbed, just reading and listening to the waves, it definitely increased my enjoyment of the book.

18. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I always read in my bed, almost always before I go to sleep, its the best form of sleeping pill. I always like reading when I'm in my comfort zone, I can't read when I'm not relaxed, I mean can read but I won't fully understand it, that's the reason why I always flunk my reading classes back in the days. I can't even comprehend my reading when I'm in a library. I also love reading in my porch, especially when the weather is good. I remember, I finished reading Dracula in front of our fireplace back when I was a kid, with a hot chocolate in hand.

19. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I love to read, but I just don't have as much time to read as much as I'd like to now days so I read while I'm on the bus or lite rail heading to and from work. I've found this to be a great time to catch up on my reading. :)

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always bring a book with me whenever I go to keep myself entertained in an uncalled and unexpected boredom. I take it as a rescuer. So I read everywhere, wherever I am to pass time whenever necessary and there's nothing left for me to do like when I am on my home, to school and to work, while commuting and waiting. When I relax I also read, before I sleep in my bedroom.