Where do you sell your used items?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 8, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most used items are seldom in excellent condition no matter how the owner feels about them. But if they're still good enough to be used by someone else then selling them is always a good option. You not only get something out of your hands that would take up space in your home but also make money whilst doing so.

What are some of the best places to sell your used stuff? It could be anything — electronics, clothing, etc. So just provide a link so that anyone who wishes to make some money from things they don't need around The House can use the same site.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sell used items on ebay, Craigslist and Listia. Some people also use Bonanza and Amazon Marketplace. I didn't post links because everyone knows how to find these sites.
    The alternative sites to these don't get any traffic.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't like selling stuff not for any particular reason - I just don't want to go through the hassle of selling. I usually just donate or give away things that I don't use anymore.

But one time (a long time ago) together with several friends of mine. We decided to put up a group garage sale to raise funds for a charity cause. We collect all the things that we don't need and some other relatives and acquaintances also helped by giving away their unused items then we set up a 3-day garage sale. It was a very successful fun event as we were able to meet a lot of new people also and I think a good way to get rid of your unused items in the house (if you have the time of course ^_^).

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    When I am ready to have something out of the house I want it gone then and there. I don't want to list it online and wait to see if it sells and then have to take it to the post office and ship it. I don't want to set up a table outside my house either. I just don't like that whole process and so I would rather just give the stuff away to someone who could use it or donate it to a thrift store that has charity programs.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I advertise my used stuff in the local paper and on gumtree.com. Just recently I advertised my electric bike on gumtree and got about 30 people who wanted it. So, needless to say that it went to a new home quickly. In the last six months I have sold a lot of things that way, including my old trailer and various electrical gadgets.
    If I have a lot of things that I need to get rid of quickly, I usually have a garage sale over the weekend.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always look for used electronic stuff on olx.ph, ayosdito.ph and tipidcp.com, those are the sites that I usually go to when I want to buy 2nd hand stuff, and I also post ads there too. If I want brand new ones then of course there's always Ebay, and one day I plan to also shop in Amazon.

7. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    The wifey sells her "library" as she calls it on Amazon. Recently she picked up an app where she can scan books at the Thrift Store and see if they are worth selling online.
    As for myself though, since I tend to sell cellphones or other bigger ticket items, I tend to use eBay or Craigslist. I'm a bit sketchy about selling on eBay though as they will always side with the buyer, but usually if they have a high enough feedback score you're in reasonably safe territory. Then it becomes just a matter of fees.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've sold a good number of things on craigslist and on Amazon. The only thing that has sold well on Amazon for me have been old textbooks which is all well and good but it would be nice to have some other stuff sell as well.