Where Do You Shop for Clothes to Save?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mudd04 • Jul 17, 2012.

1. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I prefer to shop at online stores to save money as well as time. I get daily new deals and offers which I use to get some discount on my purchases. I think this is the nice way to save your money and time. Almost all things now can easily bought online without any hurdles or fear.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have to go wit the classic places..... Ross, TJMAX, Marshalls, and my all time favorite, THe Burlington Coat Factory. I also enjoy going to the factory outlets as well. Of course I like to go when I have a good amount of cash. Btw, on a side note... do you notice when you are broke you can always find whatever you like or need, but when you actually have money to buy whatever you want you can never find what you want? I just hate when that happens.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to save money by buying the basics from target or Walmart. These stores never disappoint and the prices are always budget friendly. I would recommend anyone to check these stores out because in the beginning of each season they have a big variety and selection to choose from.

4. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Personally, I love the idea of buying cheap clothing that is good quality because you can get a lot more items. My favorite stores to shop are 1015store.com. They have amazing clothing, shoes, accessories and so much more for under $15. That sounds like a great deal to me and another store that I shop at would be 599fashions.com...they have a variety of clothes that everyone would love and everything is $5.99 or under. It's cheap and the clothing is pretty good quality considering it's price. Happy shopping!

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I shop at the Ross and TJ Maxx for all the saving and beautiful clothing. They have wonderful sales and nice clothing at a fraction of the price. Walmart has some deals also that is a bargain, so I do go by there every once in awhile to check it out to see what I can find for myself.

6. webshophoffbyhoff

webshophoffbyhoffNew Member

Threads:
    What to buy depends on your budget and the season, but some trends seem destined to pass quickly (harem pants, anyone?) and should be avoided by the budget-conscious.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You're right, it do all depend on the season but if you buy clothing off season you can find quiet a few bargains and that is usually the way I shop for clothing. And when the next season starts you already have enough of what you need usually unless you are a brand buyer, that I am not, so I go with what I like.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy good quality clothes made from nice fabrics and preferably made in USA, Japan, UK and the rest of Europe. I have an aversion to made in China garments as they are mostly poor quality and mass produced. The brands I like are expensive but there are bargains to be had if you know where to look.

9. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    I'm in Canada and find Winners to be the best for discounted name brands but you do need to search through the racks carefully. Another store we have is Giant Tiger, it's like a discount store and sometimes they have nice clothing at a cheap price. You have to be careful what you buy as sometimes it is really cheap and falls apart when washed too many times. I usually check the quality of the material before I buy. They get shipments of merchandise that has little flaws in it that can't be sold in retail stores. They also sell groceries at a cheaper price.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I often go to vintage shops. And also Walmart has very affordable clothes as well only if you'll really look for them. They are most of the time really cute and stylish.

11. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    Ross and Marshalls are definitely top of the list. Sometimes, I look through the clearance section on the websites of various retailers like Abercombie, Zara, TopShop and Urban Outfitters too. I have been able to get a sweet looking Volcom sweater for $11 on Tillys when it usually retails for more than $40. JC Penny has some nice selections too and during major sales, I go to Macy's since they do have good bargains too. I have found a male Calvin Klein cardigan for $20 at a Macy's sale.

12. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I like going to Platos Closet which sells very gently used clothing from higher end brands as well as a new store in my town called "cherry pickers" which also sells gently used clothing of great brands. Otherwise I just go to department stores and wait for things to go on sale or clearnce. I have been able to get things for just a few dollars at Herbergers on clearance.

13. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    thanks for sharing all unique experiences,

#33Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just go to thrift shops because we have so many of them here and while it might be kind of a chore to rummage through all the items just to get to a few good ones, I'd say it's still worth it since it's fun anyway and a good amount of the items you'd find in them are really top quality ones that you could get for only a few dollars instead of tens or maybe even hundreds. I don't have much problems with wearing second hand clothes anyway, but I do try to be as careful as I can when buying them so that I don't end up paying for damaged clothes and I also wash them very thoroughly once I get them home.

15. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Same here. They have a lot of cute things at thrift stores, but usually in very small sizes. Sometimes I find stuff at Walmart or even Target, but prefer to shop at plus sized stores off the clearance rack to get the best fit. Because no matter how good a bargain is, if it doesn't fit, then I won't end up wearing it.

16. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    For in season clothes at great prices I shop at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I consistently find great clothes there, I can even pick up some trendy pieces if I want to, for extremely reasonable prices--think no more than $20 for one article of clothing. I also shop end of season sales at more expensive stores like Anthropologie, Zara, Gap, etc. I have found the key is to hold out until they take an additional discount off of the sale price, by the time this markdown comes around a lot of the merchandise is a minimum of 75% off.

17. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much only shop at Kohl's and Wal-Mart, because it's all I can afford. (This comes from the kid of a guy who buys his clothes from Banana Republic, Alfani, Lucky Brand and sometimes Macy's. All expensive clothing stores). I'm also a plus size girl, so it's even harder to find things in my size. In fact, I went to our local TJ Maxx the other day to see if I could find a cute dress or maybe a skirt to wear to an upcoming party, and found out the Woman's Plus Size "section" is quite literally one rack with only 3 sizes on it. And the sizes were 10, 12 and 14. Which, last I checked, were Misses sizes not Womans, AND NOT PLUS SIZE!! Size 18 and upwards could be considered plus size, sure, but not 14 and below!! :mad: Ugh, anyways. I try to save on clothes by shopping at the local Wal-Mart for my jeans, and the Kohl's for everything else.

18. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I shop at the normal department stores, but I usually go for items on sale or on clearance. I just limit on how much I spend per pant or shirt. As for coats, I can usually find a few good ones that are on the clearance rack, and I usually pay much less than they go for normal. The one thing I don't skimp on are suits. That's about it.

19. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just go to the mall in the for-sale sections. The number of deals and the number of extremely low prices that I find are amazing. I got an Abercrombie kids jean jacket for just $11. I mean, if you're small, there's no reason why we can't shop in the kids section, we can save a bundle that way. Even at Hollister, I found jeans for $6. Outlets are also extremely cheap. You get good quality for less :)

20. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    I most of the times prefer buying my stuff on target through an appropriate way because that works for me most the times,At the moment it gets hard for someone to see the discount thing but yeah you need to have a plan already for it so we can get benefit.