Where do you usually buy stuff online and what is your feedback?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by MrWriter • May 18, 2012.

1. MrWriter

MrWriterNew Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I use Amazon. I like the way the site is organized and also the speed how they take care of things.

It's very easy to deal with the site, even when you have complainings to do.

What are your experience? What do you usually look when shooping online and what is your feedback?

2. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I'm an Amazon fan too. I also like to support small businesses that aren't affiliated with the bigger guys (you usually get top notch customer service), and I shop some on Etsy.

As a former eBay seller, I would not recommend it to ANYONE. The company has become so misleading, and they do nothing these days but attempt to attract big wholesalers form overseas. It's horrible.

3. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I buy most things online from Ebay (if the price is right), HSN (for specific items) or Amazon. I use Amazon the majority of the time because I can get a gift card from them whenever I find something I like (I work for mTurk) so that works out, since I can save for something on Amazon I really like and exchange a gift card for that amount for the item :)

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use Amazon a lot as well. I think it's worth going with a big name, because the follow up service is usually superior, and the buying power means you get the best prices. I like the way they remember your previous purchases, and suggest other products you may like. Okay, it's a moneyspinner for them, but it's also convenient for me. Another thing I'm impressed with is the low threshold for free postage - that's a very important consideration these days.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use Amazon, eBay, and Newegg. I prefer the online shopping because the prices are much lower than going in person. I would like to get my items faster, but that's okay if I just have to wait. Amazon has been reliable so far, but they did ship my last item in bad condition. I ordered a computer fan for my computer, and it didn't work. I had to contact the seller and they gave me another one. I was going to give them negative feedback, but I didn't because I wanted to take the high road. I'm satisfied with online shopping, but if the in-store prices were cheaper, I would shop there more often.

6. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    My preference is definitely Amazon. Whenever I've had a problem they're uber quick to take care of it.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I don't to much buy items online because I love to touch and feel what I am getting and see what it looks like. I have never been a fan of buying online. I guess the excitement of shopping in the store and seeing what they have is more fun for me. I don't order online unless I have to and I can't find it in the store, so I would have to say I don't have a favorite online store.

8. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    I use sololy amazon, as its a legitmate company. Ive been scrwed using ebay, and several other sites. Live and learn i suppose

9. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy stuff off of Amazon. I like the fact the site is organized and has a good return program. Since this is possible I really am able to rely on the products being the ones I want to have and the shape is the ones I want to have.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I shop in eBay, TaoBao, DealExtreme, FocalPrice, ASOS, iOffer, AliExpress... everywhere where they accept PayPal payments :p Most of my experiences with these stores have been good, except for some eBay sellers.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy from Amazon. I like picking up a gift card at the store and adding it to my account. They are usually the best priced and I've never had an issue with returning anything. I have also bought a few things from NewEgg and was pleased with how that worked out.

I think I've bought maybe two things ever from eBay. Just not my thing. Any other online purchases are ones that are from the specific manufacturer, like a specific piece of software.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought most of my items on Ebay or Multiply. Those sites are great stores, but you just really have to take note of the feedback of the seller so that you will avoid an unpleasant transaction.

13. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    The only online site I shop at regularly is Amazon. I buy a little bit of everything. We have purchased electronics, baby stuff and DVD’s. The shipping prices are the main reason I use them, and I like checking the private sellers for better deals.

14. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    I shop both Ebay and Amazon regularly. Any of my disputes or problems have always been handled well enough for both sites. I do a lot of shopping for both sites and so the occasional problem will arise from time to time. My gripe with Amazon is still the tax fees that I don't usually get with Ebay.

15. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I always great experience from online stores. Never get disappointed yet. We get the things at our doorsteps without any stress of going out and carrying the shopping bags in hands. I like online shopping because it is beneficial in many ways. Daily I receive great deals and discounts from lots of sites.

16. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at ebay in the past, but I find that lately I do more shopping at Amazon. I know though that when going to either website I have to be careful about who I am dealing with. I try to find out what I can about the seller and their reputation on the website. Fortunately while dealing with Amazon you can be dealing with only Amazon since they have their own warehouse of items as well. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I tend to go with them more now then I do Ebay whom I really haven't ordered anything from in recent years.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The few items I purchase online I get from Amazon mostly because the price is right and I feel confident if I have a problem with the item I will be able to resolve the problem quickly.

18. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I normally stick to the same sites such as Play, Amazon and Ebay when buying things online, I do venture to other sites now and again but these are the ones I keep coming back to - especially for cheap DVDs.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon is my favorite online shopping destination. I also buy stuff from Newegg and Staples. Zappos is a great place to buy shoes too.

I really wish my favorite grocery store had online buying. That would be so awesome. They have a website, but not for buying. My sister who lives on the East Coast (US) gets most of her grocery delivered.

20. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You can't beat Amazon with the free shipping on orders over $25. I usually put things on my Wish List so I can easily achieve the $25 minimum without having to buy random items to add up to $25. Plus, the reviews are definitely a key factor in purchasing decisions.