Where do you usually buy stuff online and what is your feedback?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by MrWriter • May 18, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm an Ebay junkie (perfect feedback) and I did like Amazon. I swear their shipping has gone up though.. I went forever without buying from them and now shipping in Canada is almost $7. Anyone know if it went up? I don't like paying that much shipping per book if I'm buying from the same vendor. Wish our Amazon was like the American Amazon. Books are pretty much all I'm interested in on ours, but yours has everything! lol..

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBay has a better selection for the brands I like to buy. Not many of the brands I'm interested in are sold on Amazon as they are quite obscure and not well known. Most of the stuff I buy online is clothing and I would say I buy around 25% of my clothes on eBay.

3. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    There have been fairly recent increases in some USPS shipping rates, so maybe that's why.

4. Lee

LeeNew Member

Threads:
    I like ASOS for online clothes shopping, when I actually do any! ;)

Usually I wear my clothes to death and replace them only when / if they are unwearable anymore. I hate shopping, the idea makes me panic. I don't know why. I'm all for a bargain though! :)

5. jakeshigh

jakeshighNew Member

Threads:
    My preferences are ebay, amazon and budgetgadgets store.
    Ebay is convenient for me to make choices between different sellers.
    Amazon is so fully-covered for what I need, and I got newsletter subscribed.
    Budgetgadgets offered me drop shipping service for about 1 year, and now I only do retail with it, good customer service.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my stuff online from eBay and Amazon. They are to top sites that you can use to buy products online without having an issue that you will be scammed. Scammers may be on eBay but not for Amazon. I am also always looking for other stores. I do not like just using one store.

7. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I buy mostly from eBay and DHGate. I know people have been posting bad reviews about the latter, but you can get some great deals from there as long as you buy carefully (only from buyers with a good reputation and correct prices).

8. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    I like to buy things from Amazon and Ebay, sometimes in Taobao. But these days I find a cheap website Aliexpress, which is a new site, not very famous but cheap than any other sites.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon is my favorite, you can find anything on there! My aunt wants a Star Wars Sun shade for her car, I went to Amazon and boom, found it instantly. I have never been disappointed with them. However I also like ETSY, I love home made things and supporting people that work from home for various reasons. I have used Ebay before and was happy over all but my favorite has to be Amazon.

10. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone used taobao? anyhow, that's a very nice site to people who do not mind its Chinese language.

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    For the majority of my online purchases, I use Amazon. I use eBay from time to time, but I'm extremely wary of it. (Which is rich, since I'm a freaking eBay seller myself.) I prefer Amazon, mostly because it's very organized and easy to navigate, but also cause I can get free shipping! Free shipping is a huge thing for me.

12. CamdenB

CamdenBNew Member

Threads:
    I have never had any problems with Amazon. It has a huge range of products, so you are highly unlikely to not find what you want. Also, shipping is relatively cheap, if not free (when you make a semi-large order). I feel as if my information is secure on Amazon, and everything that comes to me is in good condition. I would highly recommend using Amazon for your online shopping.

13. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I recommend Amazon. I have tried buying a lot of fun stuffs from gadget to shoes in Amazon and I am quite satisfied with them. The payment is secure and the possibility of fraud is minimum unlike in any other sites.
    Here are tips when purchasing online.
    1. Make sure to buy in trusted sites.
    2. Used strong password in your buying account.
    3. As much as possible use credit card instead of debit card.
    4. Print and Save a copy of your orders.
    5. I always look at the price against the quality of product. Be meticulous as possible.

14. adana36

adana36New Member

Threads:
    Yes, I usually buymy clothes from many online stores. I should say that the lower price is teh most significant reason. If you ask some stores, I would like to recommend Aliexpress, Asos, Nextshe or Nasty Gal. Many stores like them.
    If some stores are oversea, please make sure their regular shipping time. Sometimes, it is very important.

15. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy things on eBay because it's much cheaper than actually buying things from a shop where I live. The reason eBay is cheaper is because mostly the big sellers are from China or Asian countries that have a different economic system than us, where they usually have to work a lot of hours to get much less money than us, we work less time and get paid higher so the prices have to be higher usually. So after all, I think it's worth it to buy on eBay from overseas sellers and I wasn't quick to judge the quality because it actually turned out to be great. However, there are some cases where what I bought wasn't of good quality but I didn't have t return it, I got a refund instead and I was quite happy with it.

16. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Nomorerack is always the first place I look. They always have some really good deals, and if I'm lucky what we I'm looking for will be one of those deals. The truth is I bought my husband's wedding ring from there. That's how I discovered the site, to begin with. An add popped up on facebook with the link and advertisements for rings.

17. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Nomorerack? Is it an international website, because I've never heard of it. If you could give me more information about the website I'd appreciate it, as I'm also looking for websites to buy from.

18. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I have no idea if they'll ship internationally or not. But its worth checking into. They have daily deals, and the deals are always really great deals! I was looking for tablets and I found one on there for 45$. That was cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

19. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow, a tablet for 45 dollars, that's crazy cheap. I will check it, I hope they do international because otherwise I'm disappointed lol. I wonder how they can actually do such great discounts, as it's not so easy to do that, maybe they do have a lot of customers. I know from my experience on eBay and Amazon, there's rarely any discounts on there. At least, not as much as Nomorerack does, if it's only for America, you're so lucky.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few "trusty sites" that I keep going back to and which I've used for ages. They're well known and very reputable, and they include Asos and Essential Day Spa for clothes and skincare products and makeup respectively. I love them both and even though I've used them for years, I have yet to have a complaint about either. I'm a very happy camper :)