Where does exercise go on your "to do" list?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Jun 13, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Some people never seem to be able to find the time to exercise. Others, like myself, make the time to exercise. Getting in to a healthy routine is often thwarted by out belief that we have to much to get done in the day and we will exercise if we get around to it.

There are certain things we need to do each day like sleeping, eating, and working. Exercise should be on that list as well. Our lack of exercise time is a testament to poor planning and not a busy schedule. I think many people have their priorities out of order and they put many items ahead of exercise on their agenda that don't need to be there.

How high up on your list of priorities do you put exercise? Is it above or below the laundry or checking your email every ten minutes?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It goes last, to be honest.

If I can get most of my other priorities taken care of, then I might work out. Or I might work out at the same time as doing other things, which means not putting my full attention on it.

It has never been my highest priority, though.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Exercising is not on the top of my list of priorities. I wish it was, but at this time in my life, I have to value school, work, and looking for better jobs over working out. Perhaps when I get a little more financially stable, I can focus more on my fitness and be in a better daily/weekly/monthly routine working out.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it's right on top of the list, along with eating healthy organic food. If I don't get regular exercise, I immediately feel tension in my body and mind. So for me it is medicinal to swim, walk, stretch and/or ride my bike on a daily basis. Apart from helping me cope with the stress in my life, I also have the benefit of feeling fit and toned, which is not be underestimated.

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger it is nowhere on my list :D but now that I'm getting old - it has become number 1 on my priority list of things to do daily. Although I prefer to do exercises at the end of the day or in the evenings. It helps me to sleep better at night. :)

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, exercise is not at the top of my list. I have recently lost a lot of weight and I want to keep it off. I know that I need to do better, but I am tired at the end the day. This thread has reminded to me to put myself at the top of my list. I'm not a morning person, but exercising in the morning would be a great way to start the day.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Since health is one of my top lists, exercise is on the schedule few times a week even if that means only by taking a walk. I have a very busy life taking care of my young baby so it is a bit difficult to do exercise everyday.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    First along with my studies and music practice. Those three are my priorities. No one is above the other. I feel guilty whenever I am not able to do my exercises. I can't eat and I have no reason to be happy. So to make it to my good mood, I assure that I don't miss my exercise.