Where Is A Good Place For Cheap Printer Ink?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Diane Lane • Mar 27, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have a good place that sells quality ink at a good price? I was able to buy ink cheaply on eBay for my last printer, but for this one, no matter where I look, it seems to be expensive. My printer is a Canon MX472, in case that makes a difference. The cartridges are 240 and 241. TIA!

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are always choices, you can refill them or buy the remanufactured cartridges. You an try online through

because they have cashback and coupons you can use, so that's the best way to save money. Otherwise I have bought some from CVS when they give you coupons for X% off or $5 off $25 which they give you from time to time.

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Thanks, Theo!! I totally forgot about ebates! I recently signed up, and it's not automatic yet, when I consider shopping. I hadn't considered CVS, either, so thanks for the information. I'll have to check into both of those!

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting this as I am too looking to buy quality ink cartridges for my printer soon. I will have to keep looking around until I find an affordable price or some prices that I can pay :)

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy printer ink from eBay, although there are sites out there that sell quality printer ink at a lower price. They tend to sell cartridges that are designed to work with each printer, though they are not official cartridges from the manufacturer. As long as quality ink is used, then you're okay, although this will void your warranty.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a useful thread for me, too! We moved from the UK to Botswana in the last 18 months and brought our HP C4480 printer with us, only to find we can't get the ink here. It appears they never had this particular model here. Most online stores will not ship it to us. I'll try any ideas you guys put out there. Thanks a span :)

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    HP are a pain, I tried to refill my cartridges and it doesn't work unless you override the chip and the remanufactured ones didn't work either. I read there was an old trick to get the printer to work, by thinking it still had some ink from the last cartridge, but involves taking the cartridge in and out and switching it off in between.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I never had a problem with the company I bought from through eBay. The issue is, with this printer, the ink is expensive, even from that company. Maybe in time the prices will decrease. I will definitely post here if I find a quality, low cost source, though.

9. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I was just recently admiring a Cannon printer, with intention to buy one. Now I know the ink is expensive and where I might purchase it for less. So, thanks. I have always known Cannon to be a quality brand, and I have to purchase a new laptop and printer now.

10. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I am not adventurous enough to refill my own by buying the ink on ebay. I take my empty cartridges to Costco. Their price is really good, like $7 to refill or something like that. They also verify that your cartridge is actually empty and not just a false reading so you know that they can be trusted.

11. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I'm kind of embarrassed, I've been complaining about Staples in two different emails now but to answer your question: we usually buy our ink at Staples! lol They come in a 3 pack, we can get the kind we want, and they always have it. Yes, I sell out for convenience.

12. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Don't feel bad, it's not really selling out, because if it's convenient, it saves you time and gas money, which are valuable commodities these days.

13. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take my empty cartridges to get refilled too. It reduces waste and is a great deal cheaper. It also saves having to trawl the stores for the right thing.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If you can find one, try and see if any stores around you are able to provide a way to alter your printer to make it use a feeder instead of regular cartridges. This way you can use a larger tank of ink attached to the outside of your printer and connected to the nozzles inside so you will not only be able to save on purchasing official ink but also on trips to the store to buy it or shipping fees due to constant replacement being too frequent often times.

15. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I might actually look around for places that will do the refills, and if that's cheaper, I think I will do that. I still haven't found any at a decent price, and thankfully, mine are still working for now.